Monday, May 9, 2016

Crockpot Ranch Chicken

It's been a while since I've shared any recipes with you. It's not that I haven't been cooking 'cuz I fix a sit down dinner for the two of us every single day unless we're going to be 'off the hill'. The kind of meals I like to cook these days involve left overs. In my opinion left overs are the best thing ever - a two for one deal. Cook once and eat twice. What could be wrong with that?
With that idea in mind here's my version of a recipe I saw on Pinterest and had to try. The next best thing to left overs is a crock pot or pressure cooker recipe. Save time and have a second meal, win/win!



Crockpot Ranch Chicken
Cook time: 4 to 6 hours


Serves: 4-6
Ingredients
Chicken tenders or breasts (I used 1 LB chicken tenders)
1 Ranch Seasoning Dry Mix Packet
1 can Cream of Chicken or Cream of Mushroom Soup (plus 1 can of  milk)
1 clove garlic minced or ½ tsp garlic powder
1 medium onion chopped
4 medium potatoes cut into bite pieces ( I used red potatoes)
4 medium carrots cut into bite sized pieces
2 tbsp sour cream
Instructions
  1. Spray crock with nonstick spray for easy clean up
  2. Combine Ranch Seasoning, soup, milk and garlic and mix well.
  3. Combine potatoes, carrots and chicken in crock and coat with soup mixture stirring well.
  4. Cook on low 4-6 hours.
  5. Before serving stir in sour cream and check for seasoning


Mix everything in your slow cooker and forget it.
This would be great served over rice or noodles too.

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I love my slow cooker and this looks like a delicious and hearty recipe. I especially love the recipes that you can just dump everything in the crock-pot and let it go.

    Thanks for sharing, Patrica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. Thanks for the recipe. Timely! I baked chicken in the oven this evening. Outside temp hovering at 88. Time to get out the crockpot!
    Linda, also in northern CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia, I detest cooking and this recipe looks about my speed! Throw it in a pot and forget about it! I'm putting an envelope of Ranch Dressing Mix on my grocery list, for sure! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.