Friday, April 8, 2016

Talk ABout Ugly!

This takes the cake! Garish, loud and what the heck are those monsterish things anyway?

My just turned eight year old grandson Owen is obsessed with all things Skylander and I know he'll love to cuddle up with what could could only be described as a blanket for a little kid. Is it quilty? Well, it will keep him warm and that's something along the those quilt lines right? No particular skills needed here. They have even printed cutting lines for me.
Actually, if you knew what a crazy busy month I have ahead of me you would understand why I've chosen this as my One Monthly Goal. It's about all I can handle and I'm pretty embarrassed about it. The truth is I do need to finish this little project and it will make my grandson happy. I hope I don't get kicked out of the link-up but if I do I'll certainly understand. (I decided not to join the link-up but I am still setting this as a goal for April. I just couldn't put this in the same league with other actual quilting goals, maybe next month.) You should still go and check out the goals of other folks and see what they're up to.

Everything doesn't have to be a work of art sometimes it just has to be a work of heart!

  Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why you don't go ahead and link up, It's your sewing finish goal for this month. Nothing say it has to be hard or beautiful. I would take a picture with your grandson's great big beautiful smile when receiving his "especially" for him blanket. Then put it in the link up.
    You made me think, next month I'm going to take my OMG.and link up.
    Thank you.
    Hugs
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just too embarrassed to even consider this a worthy project compared to all the other nice things that other people are doing Tonia. I did want to show you all tho.

      Delete
  2. I love that last line! If it makes your grandson happy then that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owen will be happy to get this little blanket as he loves to snuggle with soft things and that in turn will make me happy.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.