Wednesday, April 6, 2016

It's a Wonder I Don't Have a Complex!

When you see who I hang out with you'll understand what I mean. Twice a month my gals get together for sewing, chatting and just general good times and when we do we bring along the things we've been working on for show and tell. I hope most of you have a similar group of friends to hang with. Just look at what I have to put up with when we're all together.
We're all working on donation quilts for our local food bank. Here's Leann's first flimsy.
And this one from Suzanne. Same pattern called Fat Quarter Scramble in different fabrics. The pattern was offered by our now defunct LQS some years ago and has been a go to pattern for us all for years.
If you like applique our group is the place for you. Everyone except me is an applique expert! This little Halloween wallhanging was rejected by maker Vickie as not worthy for a Christmas gift so now she doesn't know what to do with it. She doesn't like it any more. How about you would you kick it out of bed, so to speak?
Vickie tried again.
And again.
We have a winner! 
More applique talent, I'm not sure which of my friends produced this piece it could have been any one of them.
Just to prove they can be kind and helpful too here they are trying to give Patty some advise about piecing together a rather complicated pattern that had her in a twist.
See what I mean? It's a wonder I don't have an inferiority complex except that these women are supportive and generous and always great fun to be around.

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts! You hang out with a stellar group of quilters! You included!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie you're kind to say so but these women take the cake and I'm just the person who picks up their thread.

      Delete
  2. I like all of them,including the halloween one. I guess my favorite would be the wheelbarrow with tulips.
    Now I understand what you mean. 8-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can stand it those appliques were Vickie's rejects! I'd take any one of them and I especially liked the Halloween one which she liked the least. Funny how we all have such different tastes and expectations.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.