Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Intoxicating!

 
That's the only word for it. The wonderful scents and fabulous floral display that greets me when I step outside these beautiful spring mornings. My beloved dogwoods are just beginning to open their face to the sun. I can see the white blossoms scattered throughout the forest, such a welcome sign of spring.
From my back steps the lilac trees are in full bloom and are so splendid they honestly take the breath away. I call them trees rather than bushes because they are far taller than I am maybe 12 to 14 feet and covered in every shade of purple from soft lavender to deep violet and dark wine. I walk past on my way to the hen house each morning to greet the feathered ladies.
Making my way along the path I pass under the wisteria arbor weighted down with blossoms. 
You can see the hen house in the distance and on the left hand side more lilac trees.
Standing on my deck with my morning coffee I can get an aerial view of the wisteria in all it's glory - Spectacular! And the scent is just indescribable. Yes, intoxicating about covers it.
I hope spring is showing her beautiful face to you wherever you are. Get out and smell the flowers!

Until next time,

11 comments:

  1. How lovely. That is the exact word I use when our orange trees are in full bloom! The aroma is absolutely intoxicating!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having grown up in SO Cal among orange groves I know exactly what you're talking about. That is a sense memory that I'll always have.

      Delete
    2. Having grown up in SO Cal among orange groves I know exactly what you're talking about. That is a sense memory that I'll always have.

      Delete
  2. Your garden is so pretty. I can almost smell it way down here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular beauty is fleeting but spectacular.

      Delete
  3. Your place is just busting out Spring! Beautiful! Love all your gorgeous plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those lilacs were planted by me years ago when we first moved here something I was never able to grow in warmer So Cal.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a little bit of heaven. You must have a big yard, and chickens too! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we do have three acres here on Dogwood Lane with about one acre fenced and under cultivation for my garden, dogs and chickens. It takes quite a bit of work to even one acre under control!

      Delete
  5. My girls would be so jealous of the surrounding you ladies. I'm assuming your aren't free range. Mine are and my my landscaping shows it. We have to put the mulch back in the flowers every morning. UGH. But we love them. However in the same breath I don't particularly want anymore. And speaking of jealous, I love the pillows. They are beautiful.
    I did not keep my date with Cinderella, I figure I can at least call her by her full name since we are not on friendly terms.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.