Monday, April 18, 2016

Feathering My nest

Still learning the ends and outs of my new embroidery machine. Thanks to my readers and their many great name suggestions, she has been christened Emmy!  Emmy and I are getting along marvelously. I'm tackling a few of these smaller projects in order to gain confidence before I jump into the bigger stuff I have in mind for Emmy.
Spring mug rug from Seasonal Mug Rug Collection Series I San Francisco Stitch Company
I think it will pay off in the long run to have these practice sessions under my belt. I'm using them to learn about the centering and reduce and enlarge design features of the machine as well as rotating and flipping. All these functions were unavailable to me before.
 The stitch quality continues to be wonderful. All I can say is I've learned that it's all about the stabilizer. That and a nice sharp needle!
These pretties go up on the wall of my studio just because I like them and if I need a quick gift I can take one down and there you go!
If you machine embroider what do you do with your practice pieces?


Linking up to Monday Making

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty, practice makes perfect they say. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enough practicing I'm moving on to more serious projects. I think I have my courage up!

      Delete
  2. I would say you have the new machine all figured out. Stabilizer is most important. Floriani has some great guides on their website. http://www.rnkdistributing.com/floriani-resources.html Hope you find something useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link Jeanna I'll check that out. I have some Floriani stabilizer and it is nice but I didn't know about the website.

      Delete
  3. You have been busy, and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just working up the courage to tackle a big project I have in mind! I think I have it together but we'll have to see. You know that I show you warts and all so...

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.