Monday, April 25, 2016

Everything and the Kitchen SInk

Another UFO sees the light of day. Can you believe it? It seems like I have a never ending supply of unfinished, half done, started and never completed projects in my sewing room. Am I the only one this happens to? I swear I have the best intentions in the world but I must have the attention span of a gnat! You all must have figured out by now that I am bound and determined to whittle down this pile of zombie projects and so here's another one for you to gaze upon.
Cute right? I started this I can't even tell you when, probably when this book first came out. Scrap Basket Surprises by Kim Brackett. Luckily I had the foresight to store the book with the pieces and even mark the pages with a sticky note or I would truly be lost after all this time.
There are so many great quilts in here I could probably make all of them but remember this one I finished last month?
Well, it's made with 2 1/2" strips and being true to myself I cut way too many strips from my stash when I was making it so whats' a girl to do but find a way to use those up? I honestly can't remember now which came first. Did I cut for this Kitchen Sink pattern first and just keep going for a donation quilt? That sounds more like it. I'll never know/remember now. Procrastination is a memory thief.
The pattern for Kitchen Sink calls for 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" pieces and as you can see I have those all cut out and carefully preserved. They've been marinating for at least two years! Time to get sewing.
Turning those pieces into units.
Turning those units into blocks.
I'm on a roll to actually turn these scraps into a quilt. I might even get another UFO off my list soon if I can keep up my momentum.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times along with all those other creative folks and Making Monday.


PS - Thank you all for your kind thoughts and condolences on the passing of our dear Shadow. We have been sad and River truly misses her friend. I have not had the heart to respond to you individually, I hope you will understand. Our pets fill such a unique place in our lives and they leave a hollow spot when they have to go. I do appreciate you and thank you.

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. You go girl! I have a few unfinished projects myself!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your post made me smile!! Especially because I'm being so respective! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that pattern and may make another some day. I've got multiple flagged quilts in her books! Don't stop--you can do it! My sympathy too for your much loved pet. I thought your taking him home for a last visit was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is fascinating. It's not obvious at first view how the sections you sewed together become the blocks in the quilt. I'm looking for another quilt to make. Maybe this one will be it. I just reserved the book from our local library. Thanks for pointing it out.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have those unfinished quilts marinating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. but isn't it wonderful when we can make a little dent in our unfinished piles! Or marinating quilts? Love that concept -- marinating quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.