Thursday, March 3, 2016

OMG for March


My One Monthly Goal for March will be abbreviated because we're planning on traveling this month and I won't have a lot of time in the sewing room. See that? I'm already making excuses about why I can't get anything done!

I'll be quilting this strip quilt which really hasn't been in the UFO pile all that long, maybe only a year or two. It's made from a collection of 2.5" strips I had in the scrap box and took all of an hour to sew together. Truly, it took longer to coordinate the colors and press the strips than put this together. I even made a pieced backing and had it sandwiched and then I forgot all about it.
I'll be quilting it with this yummy green cotton thread from Connecting Threads that I already have in my thread stash. I love this thread and use it a lot, I wish I had all their colors. 
Aren't these fabrics something? I told you they were in the scrap box and who knows how long they had been marinating in there. My plan for this quilt was that there are usually not enough masculine type quilts donated and this was as close as I could come without buying fabric.

So there you have it, my One Monthly Goal for March is to get this quilt quilted. I'll leave binding for next month I wouldn't want to stress myself out now would I!
http://redletterquilts.blogspot.com/p/omg.html

If you're interested in joining in the OMG challenge you have until the 7th of the month to link up. Go to Red Letter Quilts link-up page, read the rules and join in. It's a great motivator and you're the one setting your own personal challenge.


Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. Yep....gettir done!!
    xo Kris
    PS where you going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to be going down to So Cal to see my grand babies and our son and DIL of course. I haven't seen them in four months and I miss them so much

      Delete
  2. It is very striking and what a good way to make a quilt in a shorter period of time. I really like it and the concept. It does have a masculine vibe. Have fun traveling and stitching !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stitching is going faster than I expected and as for the masculine vibe - well my husband has already claimed it so my plan to donate it may have to be scraped! I think I made it with him in mind actually but it was so long ago (two plus years) who can remember?

      Delete
  3. I love Connecting Threads thread! I have several different colors plus large spools of neutrals fro piecing and I find it to be a great thread. Have a great time on your travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of their thread too, have you tried the variegated? Some really yummy colors to play with. I'm going to see my So Call kids so I can't hardly wait!

      Delete
  4. This is a great goal.

    I hope you are traveling someplace fun and get lots of relaxation in, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be visiting my kids whom I haven't seen in four long months ao I'm pretty excited. I do miss them so much and the babies grow so fast!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.