Monday, February 8, 2016

The Sun Appeared!

A lot went on this past week here but the biggest happening involved sunshine! Whenever the sun comes out after weeks of wet weather that means we're going to be spending more time outdoors than inside. 
My quilting time was seriously curtailed by yard work and doctor visits for Chris and me but I did manage to attend the Folsom Quilt and Fiber Guild Quilt Show last weekend and I have lots of eye candy to show you from that. I always love this show because of the wonderful variety and the whole room full of art quilts their members have on display. I am absolutely no good at documenting who created these wonderful pieces so let me apologize in advance to the talented quilt makers. It was very crowded the day my friend Jeannie and I attended so I took pictures as quickly as possible so as not to be a viewing hog. These are just a few of the quilt which caught my eye, really there were so many beautiful quilts that I could have taken a picture of each and every one. I'm using my husband's camera and that little bugger gives me fits so some of these pics are seriously out of focus, I'll say sorry in advance.
Applique turtles on a pieced quilt, loved this idea.
Spectacular color and the straight line quilting was perfect.
Everything about this was awesome! This may have been my favorite of the show. The colors were so incredibly vibrant.
A close up of the applique and embellishment, just wonderful.
You all know about my obsession with machine embroidery by now. This quilt is done entirely in the hoop with machine embroidery! It's a Hoop Sisters Design and the precision just blows me away.

Please don't think that just because this is done in the hoop that the machine does all the work. There are hours and hours of sewist devotion on display here.

We've all seen this lovely design done in blue but I'd never seen a redwork version before. I like this warm version a lot.
Another red and white quilt. Super simple design but so effective.
The title of this quilt - Words to Live By 2015. Meticulous piecing and hand applique.
Just stunning!
That's all for today.  I'll continue the show next time. The sun is shinning again so I must head outside and prune my roses before the next storm rolls in. I hope you all have a blessed and warm week wherever you may be.
Linking up to Design Wall Monday. Even though these were not on my design wall they certainly were om some talented persons and deserve to be seen by many.

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. I'm the same way when the sun comes out...especially as we live most of our winter under an inversion. The turtles and wool applique (I think that was wool) Are my favorites too. :)Glad you got to enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the winter sunshine - not too hot for this redhead to work outside but we need the rain and snow more than the sun at this point so it surely is a mixed blessing. The quilt show was a nice diversion.

      Delete
  2. I love when the sun comes out and I can get to work in the yard. It will be awhile I'm afraid. The quilts are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love admiring the work of other quilters it gives me something to aim for.

      Delete
  3. Oh Patricia I wish I was there. I would of love seeing a couple that you took pictures of seeing how I am in the process of making them. So you have been getting plenty of rain this year? My daughter is in Roseville but I hadn't talked with her in the past couple of weeks. I so miss California weather..you can grow so much there. Thanks for the lovely pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that you're working on the words to live by quilt and it truly is wonderful. Hope you like the close ups in my next post. We have been getting a good amount of rain until this month when it all came to a halt alas. Now we're back to record high temperatures again. We need the rain more than the sun right now even though it makes it hard on the mamas and the little dudes to play outside.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.