Monday, February 22, 2016

More Butterflies and Houses

Two weeks ago at Val's Quilting Studio linky party I shared my butterfly quilt in the link up since the theme was butterflies. Nice how that dovetailed and I realized that while I had posts about how I embroidered the butterflies and made the decisions about the fabric choices I never actually posted the finished quilt.
Here it is proof positive that I did actually finish this little quilt binding and all and it's really hanging exactly where I envisioned it, in my guest bedroom.
I even included a first for me  - hot fix crystals on the butterfly wings although it turns out to be impossible to take a good picture of those little suckers. They do look really pretty when the light hits them just right.
On another note I'm still working away trying to meet my OMG (One Monthly Goal) for February of quilting and binding my sunflower houses UFO. It's coming along, honest! I'm almost ready for the binding and that's a good thing since I only have six days left to meet the challenge deadline!
How are your monthly goals coming along? No pressure, right?
I'll be linking my unfinished business up to Design Wall Monday how about you?

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. The Butterfly wallhanging is very pretty! and I love what I see of your guest room too---the Butterfly wallhanging looks like just perfect there! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, the guest bedroom is only semi-feminine room in the house. All other rooms are so very masculine and heavy. Living with men all my life I just wanted a room with more of a female vibe and this one is all blue and white. Very light and airy.

      Delete

  2. What a beautiful wall hanging, the butterflies look almost real ! and it is a wonderful addition to your guest room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those butterflies were a joy to stitch, so much fun choosing the thread colors and watching them come to life. I wish the crystals on their wings showed up in the pictures because they do add a nice touch I think.

      Delete
  3. The butterflies look beautiful framed in that fabric! Can't wait to see more of your houses quilt - looks REALLy interesting so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The houses quilt is a rescued project I decided to finish rather than throw away! It really is a mess with cut off points and is my oldest UFO but i"m determined to finish it and put it to some use!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!!! Looks great in your guest bedroom!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.