Monday, February 29, 2016

Fashionably Late to the Party!

I almost missed my own house party but I slipped in at the last minute! I'm talking about the OMG (One Monthly Goal) party and who am I kidding, I'm always gonna be late to this shindig! It's the nature of the challenge I set for myself - finishing my oldest UFOs. By definition they're already LATE! This baby was started some time in the early 90's and is the absolute oldest UFO in my deep dark closet!
It is from an Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day pattern and I do think the house is super cute. I even still like the fabric I chose from way back in the day. Those sunflowers still speak to me. But... here comes the big BUTT. The reason I put it away was because the points don't match and I got all frustrated and just moved on. I joined a quilt guild right about then with some really judgy members who always had a snarky comment to make and I got intimidated.
 I pulled it out and decided points be damned! Found an equally vintage piece of yardage for the backing and binding and quilted it. 
This was going to be a donation quilt but I feel that donation quilts should reflect your best work just as surely as the quilts you keep so I think this will go into the play room as a fun quilt for the grand kids to use.
Thanks Heidi at Red Letter Quilts for the motivation to get this done and out of the closet of shame. Be sure to visit and see what everyone else is finishing and consider joining in.

It's also Design Wall Monday people!

Until next time,

9 comments:

  1. It's a darling quilt, don't let those old biddies get you down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry I dumped those old bats a while ago!

      Delete
  2. It's a wonderful Quilt! I love House quilts, and yours is so nice! Love the roof fabric and sunflowers. I don't see any mismatching points. You are probably the only one who can tell---that's usually the way it is. I can look at a quilt I've made and zero right in on the "mistake". No one else notices, or at least they don't say. We are our own worst critics applies. Thanks for sharing this lovely "finish". Oh, I went over to the site you mentioned, but it appears it's now closed unless I misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The OMG link up is open for the first 7 days of the month and then you have the last week of the month to post your finish. here's the addy of the rules page- http://redletterquilts.blogspot.com/p/omg.html and here's the addy of this month's link up -
      http://redletterquilts.blogspot.com/2016/03/omg-its-march.html

      Delete
  3. You crack me up! Congrats finishing up your cute houses:)
    I love your personal challenge to finish the oldest UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear Heidi I'm going to clean these out - I will! Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Angies comments, your quilt is lovely, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunflowers still make me smile so I'm going with that and I think it will make my Grands smile too. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure anyone would delight in getting such a quilt!!! It caught my eye and drew me in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.