Thursday, January 7, 2016

My First Quilty Goal of the Year

Back at the end of December I blogged about starting the quilting on this bed runner -
Of course Christmas pushed itself to the forefront (as it should) and I put the sewing machine away in favor of glitter and holly and all things Santa Claus. Time to get back to my quilting plan.
I've got the thread picked out. I'll be using the color in the front, it's a nice oliveish green and blends really well. Since I'm going to be trying machine embroidery quilting on this I don't want the thread color to stand out too much. I have a feeling I'll need to hide some mistakes along the way!
I stitched out the designs I'm using onto heavy weight stabilizer and marked the registration lines. The stabilizer will be sturdier than paper in the long run I think. This is the corner design.
This is the border design. I'll be using these templates to figure out the placement and spacing.
Here's a sneak peek at the first stitch out. This looks awesome! If only I can get the spacing right I think it will turn out so nice. 
My goal is to have this bed runner completed by the end of January. To hold myself to that I'm linking up to the Red Letter Quilt One Monthly Goal Linky Party. Today is the last day to link up so I'm just barely making it to this month's party - that's me all right always late to the party! Check out the other quilter's goals and consider what you might like to accomplish in a month. 
This looks like a contradiction of my Live in the Moment post from Tuesday but I did say I liked to set goals for myself, I'm just trying not to sabotage myself with long term, unobtainable goals. So, monthly goals may be just my speed right now.
RedLetterQuilts 
Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. That is gonna be amazing! I have watched tutorials on doing this. Can't wait to see it all done!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jumping in and giving it a whirl so we'll see how it goes.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful threads! This looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love playing with my thread collection. Picking out the color is my favorite thing about machine embroidery or quilting in general.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that looks amazing. Can't wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually moving right along on this nothing like a deadline to motivate me.

      Delete
  4. It will be gorgeous when you get it all stitched up Patrica! What a beautiful design.
    Hooray for making it to the party... you made the "Grand Entrance" LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a perfect fit for me a self imposed deadline and acountability something I seem to need to motivate me. As you can tell I'm a "just in the nick of time" kinda girl.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.