Monday, January 25, 2016

It All Depends On the Weather

It seems like most of the US was snowed in this past weekend and while we didn't have snow here on Dogwood Lane we did experience our fair share of stay indoors weather. Rain, rain and more rain! Luckily we did not lose power so that meant that I was able to get a fair amount of stitching in and I'm pretty certain that I'll be able to meet my goal of finishing that bed runner quilting and binding.
This is what the back side of the runner corner is looking like. Some cleaning up to do but all in all not bad at all. I'm down to the last bit of binding now and then I'll be able to show you the whole project.
The long rainy days also inspired me to start on the quilting of my oldest existing UFO. 
If you're a fabric archaeologist you'll be able to figure out just how old this piece is. I almost decided to put it in the give away bag when I cleaned up the sewing room last year. I made it as novice sewer, the points don't match and it's kind of a mess. Still, something about it I find charming. I think it's the houses with their tile roofs and cute chimneys. I decided that I'd quilt it and my granddaughters can use it when they're here for their play time.
2016 snowstorm embroidered piece
Hope you and all your loved ones are safe from the storm and as snug as River and Shadow. They certainly know how to stay comfy on a bad weather day.
Until next time,

Linking up to design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times

10 comments:

  1. love the snowflakes and the pic of the dogs. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad you decided to keep this one...do show it when it's done...I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll put this one on my OMG list and then I'll be sure to get it finished.

      Delete
  3. Lucky dogs! They look so happy in front of the fire. I'm glad you are finishing the House quilt. I bet you will like it more finished. Quilting always completes the process, and I'm still surprised how much nice a quilt looks once it's quilted! I made that Snowflake mug rug for my sister. Yours is so pretty! Did you see what's on San Francisco stitch today? Cute hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to do those little mug rugs sort of like a pallet cleanser after a big project, they're fun and work up fast. Those hearts are tempting me.

      Delete
  4. River and Shadow have it made! I love the stove.

    You have inspired me to pull out an old UFO from when I was first learning to quilt. I have often thought about giving it away but then I think I would be sad.

    The embroidered snowflake is so pretty. I love white on the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's get all those quilting ghosts from our past out into the light of day! We'll feel more accomplished if we do and the worst thing that happens is we decide to make them donation quilts where they will be loved and used by someone who probably will not notice their flaws.

      Delete
  5. Snowflake is so pretty. Love your heat stove, my pooches do the same thing.
    I like looking back on one of my first projects seeing how much I have improved.
    And my style has changed. You might bee glad you kept on down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My style has certainly changed and thank goodness my skill has improved too! I love machine embroidery the projects usually turn out so pretty and colors are amazing.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.