Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I Hereby Resolve...

Who am I kidding? Anything I resolve to do in January will be right down the toilet by February. That's my general attitude about New Year's resolutions, I'm just not that kind of woman. I am a look forward kind of woman though and I do set goals for myself but they tend to be more short term these days. Instead of resolutions I'm having more success with picking an aspiration to aim for in the coming year.
Here it is, my aspiration for 2016 - Live in the Moment! No dwelling on the past reliving past mistakes, wishing for different outcomes. No trying to look so far into the future trying to control all possible scenarios. Live in the moment. Enjoy the here and now, appreciate the present. We are only given today and what ever this day brings. Several events from the past year have brought this particular lesson home to me rather forcefully and so I will strive to be more mindful of my moments in 2016.
Those of you who have been with me for a while may remember my 2015 goal:
To be honest this one was a little hard to achieve as the past year brought a lot of bad news our way. While this gloom was not affecting us directly it did touch deeply people we cared about and cast a pall over much of the year. Still, I managed to start each day with a positive affirmation and so along with that I'll start my days in 2016 with a reminder to stay in the moment.
These little tokens go up on the wall in my sewing studio as a daily reminder of what I hope to achieve. No resolutions for me only aspirations. 
What about you, are you a resolute person or an aspirational person? Maybe a little of both? In either case good luck in 2016 achieving your goal!

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. So sorry that last year was not the best for you. Here's hoping that 2016 will be much better. Living in the moment should help that along. I need to practice a little of that myself. I invite you to come over to my blog for a little visit and see what I'm up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will be over Terry. I don't mean to sound like a whiner because for the most part my 2015 was wonderful and I expect 2016 to be fantastic! I'm an optimist most of the time so looking forward to a new year.

      Delete
  2. Well yeah...that is how they usually go. Down the tubes within a month!
    I am hoping for a good year though!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a good year, why look it's raining! Your orchard must be breathing a sigh of relief I know our forest is definitely happy.

      Delete
  3. I'll go with the "little of both." I think resolutions help determine direction and focus, but I don't think that it's realistic to expect perfection in accomplishing resolutions.
    I love your visual reminders of your aspirations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up on perfection about 1980! Seriously I have always been so focused on goals that it's time to give myself a little breathing room and enjoy the day to day. Isn't this rain wonderful?

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.