Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Stockings Are Hung Etc.

Not a lot of sewing/quilting or baking going on here on Dogwood Lane this week but as you can see the decorating has been fierce! My nutcracker collection has made it's annual appearance and my beloved family Christmas stockings have been hung on the mantle. It's just not holiday time at our house until these go up. It has given such a thrill to this evidence of our family's growth through the years, adding a new stocking with each new member to the clan.
The nut crackers began to appear more than 40 years ago. No new ones have joined the collection this year which is probably a good thing since I seem to be running out of room on the HUGE mantle. This pink and glittery guy with all his sparkle was acquired last year and never fails to make me smile whenever I glance his way. I call him Kinky Boots for obvious reasons.
The Needle Nellies held our annual Christmas party and gift exchange last week and just look at the wonderful little quilt/wallhanging my exchange partner gifted me! As you can see I lost no time hanging it in my living room and making it part of the festive decor.
It features hand embroidery, you all know I heart any kind of embroidery, and tiny crystals. The leaves and flowers are felt. The white background fabric has some sparkle too which I couldn't seem to get a decent picture of.
This provides a bright spot in our winter living space. Thank you so much Kathy I truly love my gift.

Today we'll be picking up a grandson from the train station welcoming him home for Christmas and Sunday our eldest son and his family will arrive. I'd better start that baking I keep talking about.

Until next time,

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, what an awesome wallhanging. And I always enjoy seeing your stockings hung in watchful eye of your nutcrackers. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I have to show those nutcrakers every year because they make me feel so festive!

      Delete
  2. I collect nutcrackers also. You have some lovely ones. The wall hanging is beautiful. A lot of hard work .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How long have you been collecting Michelle? This bunch has been 40 years in the making and is OUT OF HAND!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too Julianne, maybe we'll have snow!!!

      Delete
  4. A stunning collection of nutcrackers and Christmas stockings !!!
    Merry Christmas, Patricia !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your holiday is wonderful and all you wish for!

      Delete
  5. The last picture says it all..... really eye catching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.