Monday, November 16, 2015

What's In A Name?

Apparently a lot because I've been hung up on what to name my pretend bakery for a week now. Let me back up a bit and revisit where I was a week ago with this wallhanging.
Trying to decide between two different but equally nice stripes for an accent fabric. So... while I pondered that momentous decision I had a brain storm. Since this was starting to look like a bakery display case to me what if I added some lettering across the top of this piece with the name of my fantasy bake shop? I sewed and I pondered and that's as far as I got.

The stripe looks great! Now I need a name for my bakery. What would you name your make believe patisserie? Some titles I've come up with: Sweet Spot, Sugar Momma's, Just Desserts, Patty Cakes. Feel free to chime in and give me some suggestions. I can't move forward until I have something to put at the top now that I have this idea stuck in my head.
In other quilting news the 18 corners have been rounded and finished off and I'm happy to report that my hexagon twirl table toppers are completed. I'm super pleased with this finish ahead of schedule and turning out exactly as I envisioned it. I certainly hope my Christmas exchange partner likes these as much as I do.

Don't forget to leave a bakery title in your comment I really need help on this one. 

It's Design Wall Monday so I'm linking up.

Until next time,

7 comments:

  1. The bakery wall hanging is so adorable. How about Patrica's Pastries, Dogwood Lane Delights or Bake My Day (I actually saw this one somewhere)

    I love the exchange gifts as well. Your partner will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all cute. I especially like Bake My Day! I have to put this on hold for now to get the holiday baking done for real.

      Delete
  2. Patsy's Patisserie ? ... I have no imagination when it comes to titles, but I'm sure you'll find the right one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still mulling this over while I bake for real thanks for playing along.

      Delete
  3. Hahahah - I love Jeanna's and Sharron's suggestions. How fun to decide to do this as your fantasy bakery Patrica!
    The names that popped into my brainstorming were "Sweets for the Sweet", "It All Goes to Waist", "You Take the Cake", and "The Sweet Tooth Fairy"
    Your hexagon twirl table toppers (say that five times fast) are so clever and look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your suggestions Lara, so creative! I doing for real baking right now and that really does All Go to Waist!

      Delete
  4. I love Bake my Day. LOL I usually dont name my quilts. they are called the plaid quilt, the blue quilt etc. because I am no good at names. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.