Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Turning the Corner Again And ...

again and again. That's the problem with a project made up of hexagons. This table runner has not four but six corners!
I don't know about you but binding a quilt project is my least favorite part of the process and the way I measure progress while I'm doing this chore is by counting the corners as I finish them. Turn a corner three to go, turn a corner two to go, turn a corner almost done, turn a corner home free. But six corners - come on!  
Add to that the dark red on red of this background/thread combo and I think you can understand what I'm grumbling about. This is going to take a while.

It's Tuesday but I'm posting on Design Wall Monday just to keep up the contrary mood. 

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. That's why I machine bind nearly every quilt I make! Looking good, tho:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about machine binding and ordinarily that is what I would be doing but because this will be a Christmas exchange gift for my quilting group I felt I needed to go the extra mile and finish by hand. Believe me I finish quilt by machine these days and they look pretty good too.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.