Monday, October 26, 2015

In A Swirl

When I left off with this project I was telling you about matching up all the intersections on the bias edges of these 14 triangles.
A lot of slow and careful sewing later and voila!
I'm so happy with the way this turned out! Very dramatic don't ya think?
I just have to brag a little bit about about those match ups. Starching, pinning and slowing down really did pay off.
Here you can see that pressing the seams open really helped the project to lay flat. That's a lot of fabric meeting in the middle.
I had left over fabric so I made a couple more projects. The triangles are smaller and so the projects end up smaller. These things are like potato chips you can't eat just one!

I ended up with three. The large table runner measures 44" x 20"; the small runner is 24" x 10"; the hexagon mat is 22" x 20".
I found the perfect matching red for the backing in my stash and Warm and Natural batting remnants in the stash too.
Lots of ditch quilting on these with linen color on top and a rust red in the bobbin. I think I'll bind them in red too. Love the way this project has come together. 
Have you ever had a project that you didn't have directions for but you just went for it anyway? How did it turn out for you?

Linking up to Design Wall Monday, I just love looking at everyone's eye candy!

Until next time,

15 comments:

  1. Wow! They are gorgeous, very nice Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun and the fabric is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat I hope the recipient agrees.

      Delete
  3. Your fabric is perfect for this pattern. Your table runners are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I was trying to match up all those pattern points I was wishing for something a little less busy - lesson learned maybe? But I do like the way things have turned out.

      Delete
  4. That fabric is perfect for your table runners, and they (all of them) turned out beautiful! Thank you for sharing that slowing down really does help get those perfect matching seams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That slowing down thing is a lesson I have to re-learn over and over again!

      Delete
  5. Those are three very elegant pieces. The fabric is festive but one I think you can use year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my friend agrees when she receives these for her exchange gift Jeanna.

      Delete
  6. Very attractive and useful , dead on stitching! Congrats :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. I think I'm getting back in the groove at lest I'm enjoying being back in my sewing room. It even drizzled a little over night here. Will wonders never cease??!

      Delete
  7. Good Afternoon Patrica, Happy New Year to you. I was just catching up with some of your posts and I just had to see how your runner turned out and I have to tell you, you are so right to feel proud, it is absolutely beautiful.
    I have a lot of patience for beadwork, but I don't think I could apply myself to a project like this... the matching is so precise.
    Your friend will be thrilled to pieces.
    Best wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind of you to say Daphne. I'm afraid the giftee did not respond as enthusiastically as I had hoped. In the end the care I took piecing this worked against me. It ended up looking like it was all one piece and I don't think she realized the precision required. *sigh* Oh well, it's gifted now and I can move on to other projects. I don't really do what I do for others anyway but for my own satisfaction in a job well done so...

      Delete
  8. This really turned out so cute! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.