Thursday, August 13, 2015

What's Happening At The Palace?

The most hectic and activity packed summer in memory just keeps rolling along and it shows no sign of slowing down. Of course, you know that if I’ve been absent from the blogosphere for any amount of time it means I’ve been enjoying myself with grand kids so I don’t even need to explain where I’ve been most of the time!
Meanwhile, we’ve been taking care of some much needed and planned for capital improvements here at the chicken palace on Dogwood Lane. The daily water ritual for these hens can be a real drag. Chickens drink a lot of water and for their health it needs to be clean and fresh. This means that one of us (Chris) had to check, clean and fill water constantly for our small flock of 12 hens.
 The ladies received a plumbing upgrade when Chris installed a Chicken Fountain for them. Clean, fresh water any time of day without all the mess of constant refills, spills and cleaning. They haven’t told me how they feel about it but I LOVE this thing! 
 It took the girls about two seconds to figure out how to use their new cocktail dispenser. We’ve been able to leave the property now for several week long trips without worrying about their food (we have an automatic gravity feeder) and water needs, such a relief.


 
 I'll leave you with a few beauty shots of some of the ladies.
Some are more camera ready than others but all love their chicky treats so at least I have no trouble getting them to come over for a photo. 


The trouble starts when I try to get them to hold still!
Crowd scene. Sugar wants to know when it's time for her close-up.
Maybe, just maybe, I'll have some sew/quilting news to report for my next post. Stranger things have happened!

The Chicken Chick

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. I swear Patrica, you have the most Beautiful Chickens I've ever seen! They should be models for a magazine! What an ingenious way to provide them with water! I love seeing your Chickens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to take good care of them Angie and they are more than a little spoiled as you know. Every once in a while I like to give them their moment in the spotlight.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.