Monday, August 17, 2015

Did Someone Say Dessert?

As most of you know by now I'm all about dessert. Plenty of the recipes in my recipe page are desserts. I have a big ass sign proclaiming my love of baking in my kitchen!
Sooner or later this passion was bound to spill over into the sewing room but how?
http://www.sanfranciscostitchco.com/BakeShop.html
I've been baking some super delicious cakes with needle and thread! This yummy carrot cake hasn't been cleaned up yet, I still have to trim the tiny jump stitches but I ask you does that not look delicious?
http://www.sanfranciscostitchco.com/BakeShop.html
How to do feel about the chocolate bunny topper with his jaunty bow?
http://www.sanfranciscostitchco.com/BakeShop.html
Once I start baking I usually like to keep going, after all I have all the ingredients out.
http://www.sanfranciscostitchco.com/BakeShop.html
Here's a strawberry cake with some pink swirls. I only wish I could apply frosting this well with a pastry bag.
http://www.sanfranciscostitchco.com/BakeShop.html
The bakery case is filling up with sweet treats. What about a simple vanilla offering to go with afternoon tea? Of course no bakery worth a mention in the Times Food Section would neglect to offer a towering chocolate confection so my bakery must include this beauty.
http://www.sanfranciscostitchco.com/BakeShop.html
I swear I can practically taste the mocha and whipped cream. All these embroidery designs are from San Francisco Stitch Company Bake Shop collection and they were a dream to stitch out. Of course, I have a plan for them other than drooling over them so I'll keep you posted as I go along.

Linking to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times my first DWM linkup in a long time *sigh*. I do try to get some sewing in once in a while, truly. The Annual Dowell Brothers Weekend in coming up so I may be MIA again soon.

Until next time,

14 comments:

  1. Your machine embroidery is just perfect! Those are A LOT of stitches. I look forward to seeing what you make with all of those delicious designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a LOT of stitches in those cakes and they are far from perfect but I'm happy with the final product so far and excited about the project I have in mind.

      Delete
  2. Your cakes are so yummy-looking! Lower calorie than the kind of cakes I usually bake, though:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you're right Jill, now if only I could be satisfied with this kind of dessert and not go for that cookie jar I'd be two dress sizes smaller!

      Delete
  3. your cakes all look so delish. cant wait to see what is next. I may be over for some coffee and cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be more than welcome to come on over for a slice. Which flavor cake would you choose? Personally I'm going for that chocolate goody all the way but carrot cake would be a close second.

      Delete
  4. Wow ... your cakes look good enough to eat ! It looks like you enjoy this kind of baking, in you sewing room, as much as the baking you do in that fabulous kitchen !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love to make these embroideries come to life but they don't smell as heavenly as a cake in the oven. After all the eye can only take us so far and then the nose takes over. Now how can I put smell-o-vision into these???

      Delete
  5. Carrot cake, strawberry cake, and that divine chocolate cake! Patrica they all look so yummy! I love the chocolate bunny topper too - a great idea for real life.
    Terrific Kitchen sign as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be able to decorate real cake to make them this pretty. The kitchen sign makes me smile whenever I walk into the space and was so easy to make. Isn't it amazing what a little time and paint will do?

      Delete
  6. Those are darling cakes! I'm a big dessert fan too, but not really of cake--give me a nice chewy chocolate brownie or oatmeal raisin cookie....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I'd far rather have a cookie too. A cake is just a vehicle for frosting in my world - I do love frosting!

      Delete
  7. Good Morning Patrica, I am sorry it has been a little while since I visited, but life has been very busy. I am so pleased to have found the time to catch up with you again.... I am looking forward to reading your post about homemade yoghurt, because like you we love yoghurt.
    ..... but to this beautiful cake quilt.... my word, all the embroidered cakes look beautiful. My favourite is the strawberry cake... it is beautiful. You really are a talented lady, as everyone has mentioned, these cakes look good enough to eat.
    The quilt is going to look so very beautiful.
    Have a lovely weekend Patrica.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphne, I see from your blog that your summer has been just as busy as mine. What a wonderful trip to India you had and how special that you have had that time with your daughter. I'm looking forward to a Fall slow down how about you?

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.