Saturday, June 20, 2015

I've Got a Bee In My Bonnet


Even though I've been far too busy with family fun to spend any time in my sewing room that doesn't mean I haven't been dreaming of what I'd like to be creating. Blog pal Jeanna at Slammin' the Screen Door was posting such cute blocks from her Vintage Farm Girl sew along that she made me jealous and I had to see what the fuss was about.
Lori Holt is hosting this sewing bee at her blog Bee In My Bonnet  and as soon as I got a look at the happy blocks, projects and quilts she was showing I knew I had to jump in. My stash of 1930's fabrics is woeful so of course a little retail therapy at Connecting Threads was in order and I needed Lori's book as well.
At the time I ordered Connecting Threads was having a sale on this fabric line called  Nana's Pantry, perfect to fill in my vintage feel fabric gap. There are a few of these fabrics left at only $2.96/yd if you grab them right now! I have bought fabric from Connecting Threads many times before and I've never been disappointed.
Just take a look at these cute prints and geometrics in fun colors.
While I was at it I also stocked up on some 10" squares of batiks which were also on sale. But I digress. Squirrel!
OK Jeanna, I have my fabric, I have my book, I'm all set! Ready to dive in just as soon as I have a free moment. I sure hope I'm not too far behind to catch up on the fun.
What summer sewing do you have planned? Want to join Jeanna and me?
By the way I have absolutely no affiliation with Connecting Threads (I just like them) or Lori Holt (I'd just love to meet her some day).

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. I gave in myself and started last week. The blocks are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Billie we have a lot of catching up to do - no pressure, LOL!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!!! I'm so happy you decided to join in the fun, Patrica! I spent this weekend getting caught up and I have to tell you, those blocks are addicting. I'm making the 6" version but already know that I'll make the 12" blocks one day.

    Now that you are sewing along it will keep me inspired not to get behind again :)

    You have some beautiful fabrics...can't wait to see your blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finishing a small project I have on the go and then I'm jumping in. I just can't seem to work on too many things at once my mind just can't take it, I must be getting older or something ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.