Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Getting Back Into the Groove

It's been two weeks since my last post! Any time I'm absent from the blog for that long it can be hard to get back into writing posts posts for some reason. I suppose like anything else blog posting is a discipline, kind of like exercise for the mind. Even if you enjoy it which I do, it can be hard to get back into the groove. You can be sure that if I've been absent from blog land for that amount of time it involves family fun so I'll fill you in.
First - my second grandson Josiah graduated from high school! I can hardly believe it. How could this have happened so quickly? This is a prom picture taken from a friend's phone so not the best but you can clearly see that he is the only one of my seven grandchildren to have inherited my red hair! The evening of his graduation was quite dramatic. The ceremony was held on the football field and a sudden mountain storm blew in with thunder, lightening and torrential rain. All the attendees crowded into the gymnasium to much laughter and good natured joking waiting for the storm to pass and then we all trooped back out to the field to resume the event. It's a good thing he attends such a small school, his entire class was only 94 graduates or we could not have all squeezed into the gym. He'll be moving on to the University of Nevada at Reno in the Fall enrolled in the engineering program. We could not be prouder of the kind, thoughtful and genuine young man he has become.
Second - this little peanut turned one! Our youngest granddaughter Eve had a birthday and we definitely could not miss that! She is such a sweetpea, I can't believe an entire year has flown by since I was announcing her birth on this blog. She's a tiny bundle of energy and pure joy.
The moment we returned from Eve's birthday our oldest son and his family of five were here for a week long visit. Day hikes, lazy days at the lake, Candyland, Go Fish and dress-up occupied my days. 

Once the family hits the road there's a mountain of laundry to do and of course I must replenish the pantry. Man, can those kids eat! I love and treasure these times with family and don't even go near my computer while the little people are here. So... time to get back into the groove and I'm looking forward to climbing the stairs to my sewing room and picking up projects where I left off.

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. I treasure the times my family is here. No matter how often they come it never seems like enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true Michelle, I always cry when they leave and so look forward to the next time I'll see them.

      Delete
  2. I can't think of a better reason to be missing from blogland for two weeks!!! Sound like a fantastic time!! My parents arrive THursday and I'll then find myself enriched with family time for the next three weeks....I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The anticipation is almost as great as the visit - almost. Have a wonderful time.

      Delete
  3. You had the very best reasons in the world to stay off the computer Patrica! What beautiful grandchildren you have! Glad to know you have had a wonderful time with your family visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Lara. I think my grands are gorgeous of course and special in every way. The house is super quiet now that they are gone. I enjoy every minute and count the days until next time.

      Delete
  4. Ok, not that I enjoy your absence from blog land but I absolutely enjoy your "family time" posts. You have a great family and I love to read stories about the fun you have. Congrats to Josiah...quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always hesitate to say too much about the family because I don't want to seem to be bragging. We do enjoy each others company and for that I'm so grateful. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. Josiah and his older brother Jed are truly lovely young men and I don't get to talk about them much per their own request but sometimes I just can't resist. Jed is entering his third year of college studying micro biology.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.