Monday, June 29, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage On It's Way

I've made a good start on my Farm Girl Vintage project and I LOVE these little blocks!
I'm not gonna lie to you, the pieces for the 6" blocks are small and you do have to measure carefully and sew accurately. 
 But, the directions are excellent and I've had zero trouble so far. Of course, the very first block has 41 pieces! Best to get the hardest one over with right up front I guess. Just look at how great this 6" star turned out though.
Next up was the chick and that one was a breeze and so adorable. I want to make a whole little quilt with just these and one mama hen. There's a pattern for a hen in the book which we'll be making later on. Wouldn't that be cute?
I'll embroider the legs later. I was in a rush to move on to the mixing bowls block. Another cute block that was very easy to construct. First came the spoon.
Then the larger bowl was added.
What fun choosing just the right print for these. I'm so glad I went ahead and bought this fabric collection from Connecting Threads to add to my limited 30's print stash, now I feel like I have lots of options when picking out color combinations.
I may have only three blocks done so far and I may be weeks behind in this sew along but I'm having fun and looking forward to my time in the sewing room working on these. Isn't that what it's all about? If your considering joining me let's get moving. It's never too late to get started on something enjoyable.
Linking to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times. Thanks to Judy for continuing to provide a forum for sharing quilty creativity.

Until next time,

13 comments:

  1. Wow...you have really made some progress. I started out good, but am just back to sewing today. My kids and Grandkids were here for several days.....just had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal at this point is at least one block per day since each seems to take me about two hours to construct. I don't know if I'm super slow or if that's just what it takes. I'm just like you when the family is here everything else takes a back seat and it's all about the kids for me. Glad you enjoyed your family time so much.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ramona is that chickie not the darlingest thing?

      Delete
  3. Very cute! Those are small blocks but that makes the 30's prints so much more adorable with their small scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always the challenge is accuracy but these are turning out so cute and I'm loving the pure colors. This will be such a cheerful project.

      Delete
  4. Your blocks look wonderful!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soma just don't' look too closely OK?

      Delete
  5. Yay! I'm so happy to see your blocks. They are adorable and I told you, even though they are small, they are FUN!

    I also love the fabrics you are using!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanna, I just got my helping of humble pie while sewing the canning day block, what a mess I made of that one! I need to start over and figure out where I went wrong.

      Delete
  6. Your blocks look wonderful! I'm also taking part in this Sew Along. Isn't it fun?? I do think some of these blocks look easy but are very deceiving! I still love it. I love this book. It's full of great blocks and projects. Have fun and enjoy the Sew Along!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished the canning day block and frankly it kicked my butt! It looked like it would be simple but I messed up big time and I think I'll need to do that one all over again it looks so wonky. *sigh* I forge ahead and stay humble ; {

      Delete
  7. Oh my, don't your three blocks look just wonderful together Patrica!!! I sure do love you fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.