Monday, May 11, 2015

The Return Of Creativity


I'm over my bad relationship, (see this post to know what I'm talking about) and the result has been a been a fun and productive week in my sewing room! I was excited about the prospect of parting out that awful project and got right to work on my first idea, a bed runner from my favorite green and purple pieced row.

I found a batik in my stash that went perfectly with the mood I wanted to create and I even had enough of a different backing piece and some batting without having to cut into anything new. It was hard to get a good picture of this since it measures 84"x28", a perfect size to drape over the end of my king size bed. I'll take it to quilt group this Wednesday and get help spray basting it together so it will be ready for quilting. I have some ideas for the quilting that I think will bring this to life. Yippee!
Next up I finished this 50''x50" UFO I found during the great sewing room reorg. It really is super cute and I can't imagine what led me to abandon it in the first place. This is a pattern from an Elenore Burns Quilt In A Day book, Schoolhouse Wallhanging. I've had the book for at least 20 years and this UFO has been in the closet for probably 15 years. It will make a nice baby quilt or table topper gift don't you think? I have a coordinating daisy print to use for binding and I'm sure I can come up with a cute backing from the stash. I even have enough batting in the magic closet so that once again I don't have to buy anything. Another happy dance for me. I tell ya it can be a good thing to let go of the past and just move on!

Don't forget it's Design Wall Monday so get your inspiration fix at Patchwork Times.

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Very productive, indeed! I really like how you salvage the purple and green row from the other project. It will make a very nice bed runner.

    Cute Schoolhouse wall hanging. I can totally see this as a table topper or wall hanging in a teacher's room :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.