Thursday, May 14, 2015

Little Cuties

If you've been reading my blog for a while you know that I have a mild obsession with machine embroidery. OK, more than mild maybe a little crazy! But take a look at what I just made with my embroidery machine, what's not to love?
Little dolly diapers and quilted changing pads to match! I ask you are these not adorable? I made them from baby flannel and batting scraps so they're supper soft and washable. My two granddaughters, ages four and three LOVED these.

The Velcro tabs make them super easy for little fingers to take off and put on which they did about every five minutes All-Day-Long. They are made entirely in the 5x7 embroidery hoop except for some closure done with the sewing machine, no hand work. Yippee! The design is from Digistiches Machine Embroidery. They have so many cute designs at reasonable prices, I have a lot more to try out.

While we're on the subject of little cuties I also have to show you this adorable gift from my talented friend Patty P. She gave this to me for Christmas and I have forgotten to post it until now (I know I'm a bad friend, but I did send a thank you note.)
This darling candle mat is a wool applique piece and so cheery. It was big a  sacrifice for Patty to even attempt this for although she's a whiz at applique she detests the color yellow, can barely stand to look at it! That's a lot of yellow for a xanthophobic. (Look it up it's a real thing)

Thanks again Patty, I've given it a special spot next to my favorite kitchen gnome. I hope you're enjoying some little cuties of your own this fine spring day.

Until next time,

5 comments:

  1. love love love the diapers and changing pads. wish I had some when I was a kid.
    and you have a special friend in Patty sacrificing like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have have some special, self sacrificing friends lol!

      Delete
  2. Love those little diapers and changing pads. A few years ago I made a bunch of dollies diapers for our oldest daughter's kindergarten class (she teaches in China) and it was such fun to make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I can imagine the delight of those kids when they saw their dolly goodies, how fun. Where in China does your daughter teach. My wonderful DIL is originally from mainland China, an interior village with no electricity or running water and she did not attend school until immigrating to the US when she was 12 yrs old. She now has a Masters degree and is a teacher herself.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.