If a pile of trimmings is any indication then I've been very busy this week on the Fern Creek Sampler. If you remember this is the UFO I decided had marinated long enough and is now at the top of my To Do list. I need at least three more rows added and then I can start putting this together.
This is the block that makes up the next row and as you can see it's a fussy little thing that has a million points and finishes at 6 1/2". As I'm sewing this I have a wonderful tool that is indispensable, my dental pic.
Each of these half triangle squares is only 1 1/2" and they really need to meet as perfectly as I can make them. The dental pic is my helper to keep the fabric secure under the needle and save my finger from being sewn into my project!
This extreme close-up shows you how close to the needle I can get with it. As you can tell I've had to re-sew some seams for better accuracy, a threads breadth makes all the difference sometimes. And, yes I did clean my foot and needle. Yikes, this old fabric is shedding like a dog! I got the dental pic at a sewing trade show last year and I recommend it to everyone, it was only about $1 and well worth it, far better than any stiletto I've tried.
Two of the three needed rows completed. I really like the chevron for it's pop of color.
I did not like the overly complicated pattern of the next paper pieced row in the directions so I used the same fabric provided and pieced a simple churn dash block. That's as far as I've gotten. I think I may need one more row before I can start assembly. I'll have to think on it.
Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.
Don't forget the Blogaversary Giveaway. Click the link and leave a comment to be entered in the drawing. I'll draw the name on March 15.
Until next time,