Thursday, February 12, 2015

Folsom Virtual Quilt Show part 2

Welcome! If you're looking for the Grow Your Blog post you can find it here.

To continue on with the virtual Folsom Quilt & Fiber Guild Show I'll remind you that there were many, many wonderful quilts to see but I only took picture of those that I found particularly intriguing or unique. Just my personal take on the show. We all have different taste and this year these are the ones that I found the most interesting. (Disclaimer: Some of my pictures are blurry because I was using my husband's little camera and we cannot get that to focus correctly no matter what we do. I think we should throw it in the drink!)
Klimt In Jewel Tones by Penny Hanscom
As you can see from the ribbons this three panel quilt garnered a lot of attention at the show. I have to say that it wasn't too impressive from a distance but once I got closer I could see what all the fuss was about.
Fine work and attention to detail, really needed to see this one in person to appreciate it.
The next quilt I have to show you is a complete contrast. It shouted from across the room. What an eye popper!
Poppies Gone Wild by Nancy Holinski
The pattern is from the book Positively Pineapples by Nancy Smith and Linda Milligan.
Twas the Night Before Christmas by Judi Montgomery
I'm a sucker for redwork and this pattern by Crabapple Hill is so charming I just had to include it. Wouldn't this just make any home extra cozy at Christmas time?
I bumped up the contrast in this photo so you could see the redwork a little better. Notice Santa driving away in his sleigh?
Mandarin Mum Melody by Ila Darling
There's a lot going on here and I was very interested to see how Ila set together four smaller convergence quilts to create this. The addition of the applique mums pulls it all together.
The show stopper for me, my favorite of the entire day begins with this and ...
Glacier Star by Debi Henry
ends up here! This is a winner on every level. The color combination, the piecing, precision and placement. Beautiful quilting too. A Judy Niemeyer paper piecing pattern.

I hope you enjoyed our virtual quilt show. I have a surprise coming up for all my blog readers in the next post so...

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. These quilts were stunning! Were you inspired after seeing all of these?? A friend of mine has that Crabapple Hill Christmas quilt pattern. I'll have to show her your post so she can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always inspiring to visit a quilt show and a little intimidating as well don't you think? I've been wrapped up in redoing my sewing space and so not to interested in starting something new just yet. Visit the blog again and see what I've done with the place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.