Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year, New Beginings

All the fabulous decorations have been stowed away and we have resolved to eat better, exercise more and get enough sleep. Now it's time to get back to reality! I don't really make new year resolutions because I know myself well enough to know that I'll just fall off the wagon almost immediately, like the next day. But, I do look  back over the previous year to see what I've accomplished and set some goals for myself on the off chance that I MAY achieve some things in the coming year.

First let's talk about the holiday because that makes me the happiest! If you've been a reader for any length of time you know I don't publish a lot of pictures of my family but every once in a while I pull out the stops and Christmas is one of those times. What joy to have ALL my kids and grandkids home for Christmas! This meant 15 people for meals and hugs and laughter for a week. I was in heaven. It's a big travel commitment for my eldest and youngest sons as they live so far away so when they visit they stay a while.
These two pixies had the best time playing in the dress-up box.
It is our custom to visit the Georgetown Nature Area and gather at the peace pole to say a family prayer.
Gathering at the Peace Pole
A group shot after our nature walk with the kids making funny faces of course. 
It has been a wonderful year with many highs - the birth of darling granddaughter Eve, 

a fantastic trip to Alaska, the long anticipated kitchen remodel and of course some quilty projects along the way. I have big quilt plans for the year ahead and lots of DIY stuff to show you. 

2015 is going to be GREAT!

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Lovely memories, great photos. And now that the holidays are over we can get back to our normal routines. Hi Pat, I used to follow you as "Terry's Life" or Quilting With Terry & The Cats" But accidentallyt lost my blogs and have recently started over. Yeesh! I rejoined your Google Blog follow under my new blog and hope you will visit me. http://imacountryladyatheart.blogspot.com and you can get to my quilt blog from the quilting tab. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found me again Terry, welcome back! I jump over to your new blog local and I'm your first follower, Happy New Year!! Here's to new beginnings.

      Delete
  2. So very sweet Patrica.

    I'm not one for resolutions either...why set myself up for failure? However, I do hope to finish some UFOs.

    Thank you for sharing your holidays and beautiful family. Happy 2015 to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanna, I know all about those UFOs and I have plans for them as well. Here's hoping we can accomplish our 2015 goals.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad your holiday was filled with so much family love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Val. We go from total chaos to total quiet in a matter of minutes - it makes my head spin!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.