Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Stockings Were Hung...

by the chimney with care in hopes that Saint Nicholas soon would be there.
 As you can see the holiday decorating is completed on Dogwood Lane both inside and out. The house is outlined in sparkling lights and the mantle is hung with stockings. Nothing makes me happier or puts me more in a holiday mood than hanging these stockings each year. It's such a powerful reminder to me of how our family has grown over the years from just Chris and me to now 15! It always makes me tearful and so grateful.
What a joy to add to the stockings this year  - an angel for baby Eve. It's her first Christmas!

My nut cracker collection is looking a little crowded on the mantle. I started this collection more than 30 years ago and it's fun to read the dates and places where I bought them as I put them up. There are two new additions this year. I don't get new ones every year but I couldn't pass up the two super sparkly ones I found in Old Town Sacramento a few months back, they just made me laugh and I had to have them join the party.
 This guys giant cupcake hat and pink beard are just too much and get a load of his purple sparkle foot wear! I'm calling him Kinky Boots!
Here's the other new addition - a tower of candy cane striped gentlemen. They certainly look festive next to their more dignified fellows.
Each year we hang giant ornaments from the ceiling in the great room using fishing line. The fishing line seems to disappear and the ornaments look like they're floating in space. It's hard to photograph but I love the effect.
This should give you the idea.

Santa and Rudolph are waiting for the kids to arrive and so am I. By Christmas Eve I'll have a happy house full so I'm off to finish up that wrapping, we'd better all get busy. Hope your preparations are right on track.

PS: If you have a blog it's not too late to sign up for the Grow Your Blog Party, the deadline for entry is January 17. This is a great event hosted by Vicki at 2 Bags Full that  brings bloggers together from all over the world and exposes your blog to a whole new audience. Go on over and read the entry rules and sign up. Psst...click on the sign!
http://vicki-2bagsfull.blogspot.com/2014/11/grow-your-blog-2015-party-this-is.html
Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. I am so in love with your mantel Patrica. Those stockings are amazing.

    Sending you and your family wishes for a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jeanna, Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  2. I think we met throught the Grow you Blog last year!! :) I collect Santa's and now have so many they hang on their own tree! I love your nutcracker collection. Did you make each stocking yourself....I love to see them all lined up!! Last CHristmas I gave our daughter hers to have in her home as my mom made our son in law and baby ones to match since she was the one that origially made our daughter's....so now I'll have to make some for them to have her at home. Merry Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make the stockings myself but whenever I get to add to the line up I search diligently for just the right one to match the personality if the person and of course the overall effect. Nothing about Christmas makes me happier than those stockings and watching the number grow over the years! Merry Merry to you too!

      Delete
  3. You have the perfect mantel for decorating, and yours looks so beautiful! Love your Nutcracker collection. You definitely look ready for Christmas! Have fun with your family, and I hope the weather is not too rainy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie. It looks like the weather will be nice for Christmas and since my kids will be driving from So Cal I'm grateful but wouldn't it be nice if we had a little snow when the babes where here? Merry Christmas to you hope it's all you dream of.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.