Monday, December 15, 2014

I Took Your Advise

I know I've been pretty quiet on this blog lately and I'm sure most of you can guess why. The holiday season sneaks up on me every year and suddenly the mad dash is on to sew, bake, clean and decorate. How many of you can relate, show of hands? 
 I did manage to finish my little red birds quilt. I took the advise of blog readers and went with the simple red and white print for the border. I also kept the quilting to a minimum since I wanted it to look very old fashioned and the person it's going to loves all things vintage. The quilting doesn't show up very well but there is crosshatching in the red and white blocks and borders.
Remember the less than perfect embroidered block that I was complaining about? I decided to clean it up and use it for my label. Didn't it turn out sweet?  Since my exchange partner hasn't received this yet I've covered up her name I hope she likes it when she opens her gift.
The Needle Nellies had our annual Christmas party party last week and one of the more computer savvy among us created a Smile Box video of the festivities. If your interested in seeing a Smile Box video of the beautiful quilty things gifted at the party just click on the link. You won't want to miss the decorations at my friend Diane's home - spectacular! I couldn't figure out how to insert the video itself. If you know how to do that give me a shout out.
http://smilebox.com/play/4e4445324f54417a4f446c384f544d314d6a67314d6a673d0d0a&sb=1

This will be my last Design Wall Monday link up of 2014 as I'm winding up my sewing and cleaning up the sewing space to make room for family visitors. I'll be posting some recipes this week and giving you a peek at the Dogwood Lane Farm decor.

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Right! December is just zooming by! Your little red birdies are adorable! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure December will slow down once School is out - how many more days for you? The birdies are cheerful aren't they? I hope my friend thinks so as she could use some cheer right now.

      Delete
  2. Hand raised, can't ever do anything early for Christmas. I just barely finished the decorating! Your birdie quilt is adorable. You need to make one for yourself now :)
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the decorating I'm getting to that. For some reason I had the funny notion that retired people had plenty of time to do stuff but I certainly have not found this to be true. :-} Hope your holidays are blessed in every way I know you'll be giving Cove some extra hugs, there's nothing better than new little people and Christmas!

      Delete
  3. The little Redwork quilt is Wonderful! I'm sure your friend is going to love it! I like how you repurposed the one embroidery you were not so thrilled with. Nice to see you are back to blogging and sewing too. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Angie, I'm always reluctant to throw anything away if it can be saved at all. I hope your Christmas is wonderful especially with a new great grandson in the family. Merry Merry to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.