Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Autumn Splendor & A Giant Chicken

We managed to squeeze in our annual visit to Apple Hill amongst all the other things going on around Dogwood Lane and picked up at least a bushel of glorious apples. Along the way we saw some peculiar sights and some beautiful fall flowers.
The attack of the giant chicken! Run for your lives!!
I kinda want to take this guy home. I think he would be amazing bear protection. One look and any self respecting bear would head back into the hills! Conversely, my dogs might have heart attacks on the spot so I guess he'll have to stay where he is.
Not exactly certified organic
These are the type of farm animals to have - no upkeep and no by products if you get my drift. And, so decorative!
Now, on to the splendor part. 
This is Fall color!
The deer had eaten all the mums and all that were left were marigolds putting on a wonderful show.
The weather turned cold enough to freeze these out right after these pictures were taken so they're only a memory now just as they are in most of the rest of the country. Stay warm and sip some hot apple cider along with me.

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. So funny, the giant chicken! Love that fall color too. My parents' new neighbor has some giant animals in their front yard. Hope they're moving to the back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do your parents live - Crazy Town?!LOL

      Delete
  2. Love the chicken and cows and wow!! The marigolds are so beautiful, it is hard to believe you just took this recently......I love fall colors and wish they lasted longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, the flowers are frozen out now as we had a good hard frost this week. I know that the snow has been crazy in the rest of the world but California continues to suffer drought and prays for snow.

      Delete
  3. love those marigolds. how pretty. and I need a cow like that around here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all should have one, so decorative and annoying to the neighbors!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.