Friday, July 4, 2014

The Big Reveal!

Remember, I told you that all the kitchen mayhem was going on while I was in San Diego enjoying the excitement surrounding the birth of our granddaughter Eve? Every night at 7:00 PM without fail Chris and I would check in to go over the day's events, I would recount the latest funny thing that Paige had said and done and how well Eve was doing and Chris would fill me in on the progress of the renovation. Let me just say right here that that man of mine is a saint! Without question no one else would have told his partner to go off for three weeks while he shouldered the burden of this task! There was daily drama surrounding the counter installers not showing up when they were supposed to and then showing up in the late afternoon and staying until 9:00 at night! Yikes, I would have been a wreck no question! I won't keep you in suspense any longer - here's the finished product.
Island where stove is inset.
The tile installer Dave and his helper Lance were masters of their craft and brought my vision to life from very wobbly descriptions and sketches. Thanks Dave!
Once I returned home the clean up began, the walls have all been painted and the cabinets have been revived. The past two weeks have involved a lot of work on ladders and countless buckets of soapy water.
Just gaze on this new sink! Deep and wide and wonderful
I know, I know, I can hear you squawking, "Show us the floor already!" As my darling husband said in his email to me - Behold!
The entry tile in progress
The finished entry
The kitchen floor and River are a match!
There you have it. The major work is done and I LOVE the way it looks. The smooth counters without any grout are a wonder, so easy to clean and the light color brings so much brightness into the dark space. The floor is more beautiful than I envisioned and I think it matches the lodge style of the house perfectly. It looks so much like stone that it's amazing and so easy to clean. You must know by now how I'm always looking for ease of maintenance. I'll be sharing some DYI tips soon on furniture refinishing and other stuff we're doing but that's it for now.

Until next time,

16 comments:

  1. Triple wow! Your choice of the light quartz gives the room a glow! The floors are really beautiful. Great selections and amazing workmanship. Prolly a good idea for you to be gone for most it :). Congrats on a brand new old lodge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand new old kitchen is amazing and I feel so blessed to be able to have such a nice work space. The clean up is still ongoing but we're getting there.

      Delete
  2. Wow!! It's awesome! You must be so pleased!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I have to pinch myself when I see it becauxe it doen't seem real.

      Delete
  3. Everything looks amazing! Doesn't it just make you want to bake all day? The floor is just perfect .

    Congratulations on this finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Jeanna it would make me want to bake all day if it weren't 100* right now.! Otherwise I do look forward to cooler, cooking weather so I can really give the new kitchen a workout.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. You know how it is when you've waited and planned and saved for a LONG time so I'm so grateful to have this come together.

      Delete
  5. Doesn't it feel wonderful!!! How old is River, he looks like a pup???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel wonderful Val! River is 2 years right this minute thanks for reminding me. She is a real sweetie and always sits like that we call it the puppy flop!

      Delete
  6. Your kitchen is just beautiful!! I really, really love your sink and the tile behind your counters and on the floor has a neat quilt pattern to it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sink is a dream come true Connie in fact the whole project is. The Tile pattern is quilt inspired of course and the tile guy got very excited about it. He seemed to like doing something different for a change.

      Delete
  7. Good Evening Patrica, Firstly congratulations on the arrival of Baby Eve, she is adorable. Secondly, your kitchen is fabulous. I love the design on your floor it looks so beautiful. When kitchens are being transformed it is always a messy business, dust seems to appear everywhere, so your hubby was such a darling to stay behind and take care of things. Do you find you keep looking at your kitchen..... walking in and out of the room to admire it..... I know I would.
    Enjoy your kitchen, I am looking forward to your future hints and tips.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course the most important news is precious Eve. The light of our lives but there is only so much one can say about that without boring everyone to tears. I do keep standing in the middle of my kitchen and marveling at the change. I've never had anything quite so nice. I've been dreaming of this change for a long time.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous finish....loved see all the in-progress photos! It really turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love a good before and after! We'll be moving on now that my kitchen obsession is over but it's been fun transforming this space.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.