Monday, June 23, 2014

So Blessed!

At last I'm able to introduce the newest member of the family  -

Isn't she gorgeous? You don't have to answer that, I know that I am not an unbiased observer. Our little girl made her spectacular entrance on June 9 at 7:20 A.M. with a mad dash to the hospital. Her mom and dad really thought they were going to be one of those couples featured on the evening news delivering a baby on the side of the road! She literally was born only 10 minutes after they arrived at the maternity ward. Beautiful and healthy, 7lbs. 4oz., 19 inches and with a tiny bit of hair. There is some debate about the color of that hair, I'm still holding out for another red head but we'll have to wait and see.
Paige meets her baby sister for the first time. So incredibly sweet.
I was able to spend lots of quality time with the amazing Paige building skyscrapers, blowing bubbles and jumping on the bed, an activity reserved for Grammy alone. After all what are grandmothers for if not bending the rules just a little?
No blog post about a new grand child would be complete without a photo of a baby on a quilt. I'm so glad I was able to spend these three weeks holding, cuddling and playing, the best thing ever. It's very hard to say goodbye but we will be seeing them again very soon since a family vacation is planned for the end of July and all of us will be together. I'll get to have all seven of my grands in one place for plenty of hugs and kisses. Can't wait!
Bliss
Until next time,

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi I'm so happy to have this little muffin.

      Delete
  2. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love picture of grammy with baby .... and did smile at the picture of her on a quilt. So glad you have three weeks there to just be grammy!! THANKS for sharing your blessing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a wonderful and exhausting three weeks and now I'm back to every day life. I just could not get enough of those two little honey bunnies!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to all--the parents for not making the nightly news, the big sister, and of course the lucky grandparents! Eve is a sweetie and looks wonderful posed on her quilt. My son had Paige's curls when his own little sister was born :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eve's daddy also had white blonde curls when he was small and Paige looks quite a bit like him. Since Eve will be our last grand child (so everyone keeps telling me) we're crossing our fingers that she will turn out to be a red head like her cousin Josiah but only time will tell. Either way we are super thrilled to welcome her to the family. I have three grand daughters now never thought I'd see the day! I thought only boys were in our stars.

      Delete
  4. what a cutie pie! isnt it wonderful to be with them? the rest of the world just melts away. Big sis looks as though she approves of her baby sister. such a cute picture of the two of them. and a great pic of Grammy and Eve. congrats to the family! I see lots of sewing projects coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish I were as talented as you and then I would be sewing up a storm as it is I don't seem to have the crafty project gene but I do what I can. I do love being a grandma tho better than anything. They should have told us how much fun we would have when we hit the 60's we might have looked forward to it more!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations from one Grammy to another! (First time I've seen "my" designation!) I'm due for another grandchild in September and I hope to echo your experience. Looking forward to lots of "Grammy Time" with first DGD and new baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, just the all time best feeling! I'm amazed at how the time flies when I'm with the little ones. Hugs and kisses even though most of my grandkids hardly ever hold still. I'm Grammy to some of mine and Mimi to others but I don't care what they call me just so they call me! Best wishes for you and your new addition.

      Delete
  6. LOVE filled post. Paige is the perfect big sister to little Eve. So glad you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing pics of all seven grand kids soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The teenagers are camera shy and we rarely are all together since we live far apart so a group shot is a seldom seen thing, maybe this summer when we plan on a family vacation. I am a truly happy and blessed grandma.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on your beautiful new little grand daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie, these precious grandchildren are truly my greatest joy!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.