Monday, June 30, 2014

It's About To Get Ugly

Things have to get worse before they can get better and things are about to get a whole lot worse in the kitchen renovation. I had to leave for San Diego (I know, poor me) and left my husband in charge of the demolition and re-construction. He was sending me daily updates by email and phone and I was a nervous wreck! Three weeks of me grilling him for details, poor guy. You may not know this about me but I like to be in control of the situation - really I do. So, this was major. I left it all behind and trusted Chris to handle everything without me. I know I have issues let's not go into it right now OK?
Chris very carefully spared me from the worst of the demolition by not taking any pictures of the actual destruction phase. He knows me so well. Have you ever wondered what it looked like beneath your counter top? Wonder no more!
We decided to leave the breakfast bar as is rather than one continuous counter top. It hides the mess from the dinning room and the kids love to sit up there and eat.
Looking into the kitchen from the dinning room you can see why I might want to hide a little mess. I'm not the tidiest cook. Can you see the dust on everything? Now imagine that ALL OVER YOUR HOUSE! Our entire first floor is one open space so...
We like to keep things classy by keeping all drapes and curtains in place it adds a nice touch don't you think? (What the heck?)
In any renovation you can count on finding stuff you would rather not know about. Now it has to be fixed and that adds up to more $$$.
This is what we like to see, men at work! Materials lined up, action shots.
Progress!
No one said this surgery was going to be pretty but the next part is going to be amazing. Isn't that what they always say about the before and after shots in those infomercials? I can hardly wait for you to see how it all turned out!

Until next time,

10 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait, either! (But I love seeing the in-progress shots, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in the home stretch now Kristi! All I do is clean, clean, clean. sigh

      Delete
  2. Oh this is going to be soooooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is finally coming together once I get rid of the infernal dust!

      Delete
  3. Wow, so much wood everywhere! But now a little less brown tile, I'm assuming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing Annie I basically live in a log cabin so all that brown can be overwhelming. Still I can't exactly ignore the style of the house when choosing how to decorate. You'll have to see how you think I did in picking out floors.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost complete Michelle I'm mopping up now, next comes the big reveal.

      Delete
  5. This is so much fun! Well, for us because we are living vicariously through you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will soon be fun for me too! I have to admit I'm not a fan of the clean up stage of this or any project. I just want to skip ahead to the finish line but soon all will be as I imagined it.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.