Friday, May 9, 2014

The Morning Grind

I may be retired but that doesn't mean that I get to spend my mornings lollygagging around, far from it. 


I have things to do. Responsibilities! Those dogs don't feed themselves you know and they wake up early. It's barely dawn when they start begging for their morning treats. Never mind the exercise routine. Good grief!


Someone has to put out the bird feeders even if it is a drizzly day. I have to take the picture through the window or they all will fly away. Very skittish critters.


The hummers won't even let me get the feeder up before they start dive bombing. I'm moving as fast as I can for Pete's sake! This is the small feeder, the large feeder holds 2 quarts and I have to fill them both every day.


Now it's time to let the chickens out so I had better get on my boots and go out to the coop. The hens are hollering as I approach and they all try to rush out of the hatch at once when I open it. "Come on ladies one at at a time please."


OK, it's 6:30, Chris has started the fire in the wood stove and made the coffee. Glory be, time for my first cup of the day and I can sit down and read some of my favorite blogs. Shhh, don't speak to me please until the second cup of caffeine kicks in I'm not a morning person.

What's your morning routine like? Anything like mine?

Until next time,

10 comments:

  1. It sure looks like you have a lot of responsibilities! But I'm sure you love them all. ;) Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love my responsibilities more if they happened later in the day!

      Delete
  2. My dogs are the same way....who needs a clock! LOL!! Yes, by the time I've sat down for my coffee...I've already done all the routines of the AM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have to wake up at least 30 minutes before my children just so that I could be civil to them to start the day off right. That's how much of a NOT a morning person I am. and yet I can't sleep in after all these years of work/family life. sigh What's a girl to do but pour another cup of coffee and get on with it!

      Delete
  3. You're so cute Pat! My day starts when the dogs see my eyelids move, then we get up and the first priority is to turn on that coffee pot, then they get treats! I am not a morning person either..I actually have a sign in my kitchen that says "Coffee first, talk later'...Amen! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sign would read - Pour the coffee and slowly step away! LOL

      Delete
  4. I hate to admit -- that was SO fun to read!! Heehee -- I'm NOT a morning person either, and all that animal tending in the early hours is hard work. Good for you! I wake slowly (after usually not sleeping well) and try to stay in bed until 7 AM. A slow breakfast. Now that homeschooling is done for the year, mornings are easier, slower. Bible reading, a little prayer, blogging and facebooking, then a little dish washing, and on an energetic day a bike ride perhaps. Not too much for this old girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, a fellow slow starter. Believe me when I say I am sooo not a happy person in the morning but I try really hard not to take it out on people. You mention that you do not sleep well and neither do I, never have. That's no doubt why we don't do morning. My husband lord bless him sleeps like a rock and wakes to greet the new day like a song bird.

      Delete
  5. my cats wake me at 3am. I feed them and then grab my cuppa to wake up. I start work early too but I am a morning person. love watching the sun come up. my quiet time of the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy a cheerful morning heart. Catch me in the PM though then I'm your girl. # AM would have me read to kill someone.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.