Sunday, May 4, 2014

Technology Glitches

Image courtesy of dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
This amusing little picture is meant to illustrate a not so amusing problem that's has been plaguing our house. Our desktop computer has been acting up for quite some time and it finally yelled HELP last week. So it was off to the Geek Squad to see if the poor thing could be cured of whatever ailed it. I found out just today that it can indeed be cured and I'll have it back tomorrow. Phew, disaster averted! I cannot afford a new computer right now.

I'm writing this blog entry on my laptop which is a perfectly fine machine and I've been using it to check email and Facebook and browse news sites - you know, all the usual stuff. The thing is for some reason I just don't like creating blog posts with my laptop. It's just awkward somehow. Uploading photos from my camera is cumbersome and the darn thing always puts stuff in hidden folders which makes me search endlessly for things no matter how many times I try to change things. So that's my explanation for my relative quiet this past week, that and some very tragic family news that has sent us reeling. I don't feel able to share it right now but when the time is right...

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. I thought perhaps your absence meant lots of yard work---and it probably is part of it. Hope you are feeling better, and sorry for the sad news. I have a 2009 iMac desktop. I switched to Apple back then after having a Windows based computer for over 15 yrs. I have no regrets, it has been the best. I would get a Mac laptop if I could run all my machine embroidery stuff on it without having to split off a portion of the hard drive and install Windows on it. Maybe someday all the machine embroidery company will start putting out software that runs on Macs. I know Electric Quilt just did, and some of Designers Gallery (not all) will. Take care, and hope your computer comes home just like new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the yard work there has been plenty of that going on and I'm pleased to say the veggie garden is all planted and the compost is spread. Our main computer is about 5 yrs old and has been giving us fits for a while so we finally had to do something to either improve the situation or (gasp) get a new one! It's back home and seems to be working great, fingers crossed. I'm a big Mac fan myself and would have a Mac in a nano second if it would run my sewing stuff.

      Delete
  2. UGH!! Hate computer problems....hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beast is back and it looks like I won't have to get a new machine for another little bit. Yay me!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.