Monday, May 26, 2014

Spinning Around

Nothing much on my design wall this Monday. Like most everyone else I've been busy outside this week. The weather has been marvelous and there's been a lot of garden clean up and planting to do before it got too hot. This time of year I hear the siren call of my garden and I must be outside.
I did spend a little time upstairs in the sewing room. I fully intended to tidy my space after the quilting frenzy for Baby June. There were only very small pieces of those luscious, colorful fabrics left and as I was gathering them together I started thinking and one think led to another and this is the result. A pile a triangle squares. I have no idea yet what I'll do with them.
I just love the look of this cute pile of cut off corners! Only a quilter can appreciate this I think, am I right?
I'm turning those triangle squares into pinwheels. Who doesn't like a pinwheel? Super happy with the little owls peeking out. We'll just have to see where these end up.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and I'm heading over now to see what all of you have been doing before I go outside to continue my garden chores. Happy new week.

Until next time,

11 comments:

  1. Isn't it lovely when you can make something out of nothing? Not that your fabric was nothing, but the pinwheels are super. The beginning of something great, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean it does feel like getting something from nothing - a free project! Sometimes I just can't let that fabric go until I've used every last bit.

      Delete
  2. Cute pinwheels! Sometimes it is just easier to deal with leftovers immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, just gotta keep going until it's all gone. Besides, I'm still in love with those little owls.

      Delete
  3. You are absolutely right...and I too love those little owls peeking out. I'm also finding it harder to be inside right now....guess it makes up for all the winter sewing we got done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have a hard winter here in fact just the opposite because of the drought but the spring weather has been just about perfect and the outdoors beckon for sure. I know that it will be a long, hot summer so I have to enjoy this while I can and we have so much planned this summer I doubt I'll get much sewing done. :-(

      Delete
  4. I think they call this a serendipitous project and yours is going to be beautiful! Hope you enjoyed your 'outside' time. I got a few pots planted myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Jeanna very serendipitous! Isn't it great to feel that spring growth spurt and get your hands a little dirty?

      Delete
  5. Cute pinwheels! I think they'd be cute on the side of a tote :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Heidi you know I can't sew a darn thing that involve a lining. Every time a friend shows up with a tote she's made I always admire it but I'm intimidated by the whole idea.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
    reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to
    bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.
    I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
    have a nice evening! vimax asli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.