Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Cherry Cheesecake Brownie Cupcakes

Do you like chocolate covered cherries as much as I do? How about chocolate cheesecake? That's what I thought, who doesn't love that stuff? Now imagine combining both those delicious flavors in a few yummy bites.



Here it is, Cherry Cheesecake Brownies. Easy to make, pretty enough for company and just plain yummy.

Of course brownies are easy enough to make from scratch and if that's what you like to do go for it, but for my time and money you just can't beat Ghirardelli's Dark Chocolate Brownie mix. You'll also need dried cherries and cream cheese.
Let's get started.

Cherry Cheesecake Brownies

Ingredients
1 box Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate brownie mix
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
8 oz cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup dry tart cherries, chopped

Preheat oven to 350*
Chop the cherries and just barely cover with water, heat for 30 seconds in microwave, leave the cherries to cool.
Make your cream cheese filling first by mixing cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and vanilla in a medium bowl using an electric mixer on medium until smooth. If the cream cheese is room temp this will be so much easier. Now put this in the refrigerator to firm up a little while you make up the brownies.
Mix brownies according to package directions using 1 egg, 1/4 cup water I used the water I drained from the cherries) and 1/2 cup vegetable oil. Drain cherries through a sieve and press lightly (we don't want a lot of extra water here) , fold drained cherries into brownie mixture.
Line a muffin tin with paper liners and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Spoon batter into muffin tin filling each about 2/3 full. Using a rounded spoon sprayed with cooking spray make an indentation in the brownie batter and fill with about a tablespoon of cooled cream cheese mixture.
Bake 28-32 minutes.  Let the brownies cool about 10 minutes and remove the paper liners. Now you can sprinkle with powdered sugar for a nice finish. Makes 14 -16 cupcakes.

I made these for a  Hill & Dale Supper Club picnic because they were less messy than a regular cupcake and more grown-up. When I got home I had one left over which I may have eaten and which may have been sensational with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Just sayin'.

Until next time,

7 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds so good! and easy too! Next large gathering I will try it. I don't dare do it just because! I would eat quite a few of these if they were sitting around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try this it is easy although Kristi in the comments below says she has an even easier recipe, I'll try to get her to share.

      Delete
  2. Oh my word! Those sound amazingly delicious. I am going to make these this weekend...I'll let you know how they turn out. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try these, how did they turn out? Do tell.

      Delete
  3. Oh my word! Those sound amazingly delicious. I am going to make these this weekend...I'll let you know how they turn out. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of a (much easier) version of a raspberry cheesecake brownie bar recipe I love. Yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krisit would you be willing to share your easier version I'm all about easy and I LOVE raspberry anything!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.