Monday, April 21, 2014

Wake Up & Smell the Coffee!

Shocker alert! I managed to stumble my way upstairs this week and find my sewing machine! After more than three weeks it was such a joy to get back to needle and thread. When last I showed anything fabric related I was starting the quilting on my coffee and chocolate table runner and ta da - it's a finish!
I love this one for it's color and playful fabrics and it looks great in my living room, (obviously, I won't be keeping it on the floor that's just for the photo shoot.)
I didn't fuss a lot with the quilting I just marked a simple cross hatch and some straight lines in the borders. I wanted to keep it clean and modern looking. My shell and pottery collection look wonderful on this runner.
I still had a tiny bit of scraps left and you know what that means, mug rugs of course.
I like to make mine a little bigger because I tend to be a messy gal and a little machine embroidery always jazzes things up don't ya think?

I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times. I always find so much inspiration there and you will too.

I saw this this morning on Linda's blog, Buzzing and Bumbling and I think it's so true. "Creativity cannot be used up. The more you use, the more you have!" If you haven't visited Buzzing and Bumbling yet I suggest you take yourself there right away Linda is so talented and I know you will love her creations.

Until next time remember,

10 comments:

  1. Your projects are so clever and pretty!
    Thank you for the link to my blog! What a sweet compliment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Linda. You are such an inspiration to me I just wanted to pass it on. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. Life is good!! agree your collections look wonderful on your new table runner...off to check out Linda's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie, hope your week is terrific!

      Delete
  3. Your table runner is beautiful! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind Cheryl thanks for dropping by Dogwood Lane do stop by again.

      Delete
  4. love love love your runner! so pretty. I love it when you get a "plus' out of a project. I like my mug rugs big too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I have been saving those scraps for a time when inspiration would strike and I'm so happy to have found just the right amount of fabric in the stash to complete the project. Batting scraps too, it's a win all around. My husband was happy to have a more manly mug rug beside his chair too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and that embroidery adds so much!! I'm like you.....we can never have too many mug rugs :) Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to visit you on Linky Tuesday and every day Connie.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.