Yes, most of my time in the sewing room in the past week has been spent on embroidering those baby animal in pajama blocks but I have been doing other things, really I have.
While digging around searching for fabrics I found these flannel fat quarters perfect for a small quilt. I quickly got to work cutting them up into 2 1/2 inch strips and sewing those strips together. I was able to work on this little project between thread changes on my embroidery blocks. I have some flannel in the stash for some borders and the backing so baby June will have a cuddle qult to drag around.
I also managed to finish the LAST TWO animals in PJs blocks and I have to say that these designs fro Embroidery Library have sewn out just perfectly. I can't say enough good things about the digitizing from this company. Some of you had some questions about what stabilizer, threads etc. I've been using.
I used a 90/14 needle with two layers of Floriani medium weight tear away stabilizer. The first layer was hooped with the fabric and the second layer was floated under the hoop. I starched the fabric before hooping with best Pressed. each of these embroideries has between 35,000 to 48,000 stitches. I'm pleased that there's minimal pucker.
Now that all nine are don eI can get bust assembling the quilt top. Golly, with each taking about three hours of sewing time I've got almost 30 hours in this project so far and I haven't sewn a block together yet!
It's Design Wall Monday so that means visiting Patchwork Times.
Until next time,