Thursday, February 20, 2014

Let's Boogie

I want to share my latest gadget love. First of all just let me say that I'm a fool for technology. If I had lots of money I'd be the idiot that stood in line to buy that Google Glass thing cuz it just looks so whiz bang cool even though I have no idea what it actually does. I'm saved from myself by my financial limitations, whew! That's not to say that all this technology isn't just as daunting and frustrating to me as it is to the rest of us, maybe even more so because I get in WAY over my head and have to gnash my teeth in frustration because I mostly don't know what I'm doing and I spend way to much time on the telephone with those very nice, helpful folks in Bangladesh or wherever.

Boogie Board 8.5-Inch LCD Writing Tablet

This is it my Boogie Board Writing Tablet. I don't know why it looks so dirty in this photo it was hard to get a good picture. Doesn't look like much does it although it is a snazzy color.  It comes in lots of colors actually, I chose red so I wouldn't loose it. It's thin and light weight. It's about as thick as two credit cards. Inexpensive too. I got mine through Amazon for about $22, I saw it last week at Costco too. But, what's it for you ask?


It's for taking notes or doodling or whatever you would use a piece of paper for only this is not paper and that's the best part, at least for me. I'm always writing things down on scraps of paper, backs of envelopes, sticky notes. Temporary things like web addresses, one time phone numbers, calculations, to do lists, then all those little pieces of paper float around the house forever. It drives me nuts! Using this LCD pad, once I'm done with whatever I've written I press the button and it's erased and ready for the next note or doodle.

This pad has NO MEMORY and doesn't upload to a computer. It's like a grown-up Etch-A-Sketch. It's great for quilters to practice their free motion quilting moves before actually going to the machine. I have a friend who recently had vocal cord surgery and could not speak for a time, this little pad was a very handy tool for communication.


There you have it my latest gadget love. One more step on the road to keeping myself more organized and less cluttered. What about you? Do you have a gadget around the house that makes your life easier or more organized? Sound off.

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion only I receive no compensation or consideration from the product mentioned. I bought this myself with my own money!

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. Holy Crap - I thought ETCH-A-SKETCH when I first saw your picture...how cool is THIS?!!!!! Heading to Costco today to see if I can get one myself...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - how fun!!!!! Happy, HAPPY Thursday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find it Tanya it's a cool little tool!

      Delete
  2. How neat is that! I do use my iPad to sketch with, but I can see a variety of uses for this gadget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a gadget especially one that doesn't break the bank!

      Delete
  3. my kindle is a gadget that I wasn't sure if I would like or not. I read but usually how to books, not just to read. that time is spent quilting. BUT on my kindle fire I can do pinterest and explore great ideas and pin them. love it. I have one for quilting, one for my garden, ideas for my house etc. all nice and neat in my pinterest board. modern technology is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I was a Kindle skeptic too until I got one. I love that gadget and I only have a first generation now I want a Fire in the worst way!!

      Delete
  4. I just got a new phone that I can write--with a stylus--notes, etc. and save it. Great for fabric lists for quilts, grocery lists, etc. The screen is big enough to read books on, read e-mails, facebook, everything! It's really cool, and very thin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, that sounds awesome. I'm amazed at all the whiz bang things those little devices can do. I don't have a smart phone because of where we live and no decent providers but you can bet if I lived in the flat lands I would have one in a hot minute!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.