Friday, January 3, 2014

The Party's Over



 The decorations are packed away and the vacuuming is done. The house looks like nothing ever happened but I have photographic proof that there was a hullabaloo here on Dogwood Lane.


We consumed an amazing amount of delicious food. Because we're a multi-ethnic family we have all kinds of wonderful, authentic treats from all parts of the globe as part of our holiday celebrations.


Here I am with my 'girls' the fabulous DIL on Christmas Eve. I am truly blessed to have these women in my family.


The day after Christmas was family picture day and everyone dressed up for the occasion. believe it or not this was the best grand kid photo I got! 


Our three sons managed to hold it together for a group shot.


The little girls took a walk in the forest together, so sweet. 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 are great ages. We received a fantastic Christmas gift with news that a new baby girl will be joining the family this June! I could not have asked for anything better. Such blessings are truly treasured.


I had the worst cold the entire time the family was here but I managed to stay out of bed and have fun. Since they left I've been draggin' my wagon but now I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. I'm looking forward to a great new year and I hope you all are too.

Until next time,

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post Patrica! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often post picture of the family they're all so camera shy! Hope your year is off to a great start.

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful post Patrica! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Congratulations on your arriving-this-June granddaughter!

    Hope you fully recover from your cold soon. There is a nasty cold bug going around--it took me weeks to shake it. Hopefully it won't take you as long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi for the new baby well wishes. There's a prayerful story behind these newest additions to our family and we are sooo grateful for these blessings, words cannot express. The cold lasted exactly a week thankfully but it was the whole time all the family were here so i was not at my best and my pictures prove it. I don't take a great picture at the best of times but holy moly I look washed out and awful in these!

      Delete
  4. Yay for family time during the holidays! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, and here's to a wonderful 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're off to a great start to 2014 that's for sure hope your year is wonderful too and I hope that farm life is everything you expected and more.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.