Friday, January 10, 2014

It's a Lemony Dream

 I have a recipe to share with you, really it's a recipe site to share with you that I know you're going to love. If you haven't visited Mennonite Girls Can Cook yet you absolutely need to go there right now. Go ahead, we will wait for you. Great, right? 


 The recipe I'm obsessed with right now is Lemon Delight. This was posted on their site on December 13, 2013 and I've already made it three times! I took this dee-light to a dinner party and folks were licking the plates clean and begging for more.


I used the lemon curd alone in a lemon meringue pie it was that easy to make and that good.


The crust has no sugar and yet it tastes like a nutty cookie. How does that happen? It would be a great crust for any kind of pie filling I'm thinking.


A cream cheese layer! Please, you had me at hello.


Real whipped cream with just a hint of sugar. Who can resist real whipped cream? Nothing about this dessert is too sweet but the combination is just right for an after dinner treat.


Here it is in all it's glory. Can you believe that I did not get a picture of a serving of this beauty? It was gone just too fast! Here's the link to the recipe again - Lemon Delight at Mennonite Girls Can Cook

I also appreciate their Bread for the Journey meditation on Sundays which always offers something uplifting to help us through our week.

Let me know if try this or if you have recipe or site that you love so I can share it here.

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. That just looks delish Patrica. I'll check out the website...right after I stop drooling over your pictures (which are great by the way)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on making my pictures better, thinking of taking a photo class in the new year there's always something new to learn.

      Delete
  2. Good Afternoon Patrica, I love lemons, so any food which is called Lemony Delight is something I know I am going to love. I can see why this was such a hit with your family as it looks fabulous. I am trying not to eat anything sweet for the month of January (wish me luck), two weeks gone and two to go, but as soon as I can, I will be trying this lovely lemony dessert. I am now going to pop over and visit the Menonnite ladies as I have never visited their blog before.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll not be disappointed in this lemon dream Daphne. I know what you mean about abstaining form sweets in January but oh the temptation!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.