Monday, December 2, 2013

River City Quilt Show Part 2

As promised I have the second half of my River City Quilt Show pictures to share this morning. There's so much going on here that I barely have time to sit down and of course for some mysterious reason my laptop has decided to lock me out so I'm putting projects and computer glitches aside for a moment and basking in beauty right along with you all.




This is a three panel landscape quilt, so hard to photograph but it was just wonderful. I loved the texture and concept.



Cheerful, colorful houses. Isn't it amazing all the different ways houses can be interpreted in fabric?



Another stunning landscape quilt. I'm always drawn to these art pieces.



The quilting makes the quilt in this case adding so much dimension to the snow and background. The judges thought so too.



Something about the color and movement of this small piece that I loved. All raw edge strata, cool technique.



Exuberant free piecing! How fun and liberating. Would like to try your hand at something like this? I know you have a bunch of scraps just waiting to be sewn up just like I do.



I'm starting to see a trend here. Almost every quilt I took a picture of is super bright and free form. Maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something?



No, wait! Here's a traditional applique with gorgeous over the top feather quilting. I'm confused. I obviously don't know what I like.



Traditional piecing in warm neutrals or...


jazzy colors and bold design???


How about a log cabin quilt with both? Traditional piecing and



bold design!

Linking to Design Wall Monday at the Patchwork Times.

Until next time,

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.