Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Finding the Perfect Christmas Tree

Looking for the perfect Christmas tree is serious business. Some folks go to the Christmas tree lot, some folks drive a fair distance to the tree farm and for some it's a perfectly plump artificial tree. We've done all of those things in the quest for the just right tree. But, not many folks are as fortunate as we are to be able to step out their back door, walk out into their very own woods and cut down their very own perfect tree.


Of course we have a lot of help looking for the perfect specimen. River and Shadow looked high and low.


River thought this one might work but I convinced her we needed a few more branches so we could hang ornaments and lights. This is only her second Christmas so she really doesn't quite get it.


"How about this bush Mom?" "Not nearly big enough River."


Found it! One for us and one for Zack's family. Start sawing boys!


Bringing home the PERFECT tree.


"Time for treats right?" "Absolutely, you girls did a fine job of picking out trees."


After all that work we all deserve a nap. We'll decorate later.

Until next time,

10 comments:

  1. No sir, I have never gone out into my own woods to cut my tree! What a thrill! I sure wish I could though!
    Beautiful trees. Good work puppers!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a thrill and it never gets old I can tell you. Merry Christmas Kris!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the pictures and story too---River is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie hope your Christmas is Merry!!

      Delete
  3. River is the most beautiful German Shephard I have every seen...my husband will flip when I show him her photo tomorrow.

    Congrats on finding the perfect trees and how wonderful you have them in your own back yard!

    Hope the rest of your season is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell River you said she is pretty she is quite the princess. Wishing you and all your family a very Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. This is tons better than our local hunt--at Lowe's :). Looks like everyone had a grand time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lowe's tree is more perfect but I agree this is more fun. Our tree is a version of the Charlie Brown tree but it was FREE! Merry Christmas Annie!

      Delete
  5. Wow! River is so big and so beautiful! What a fun day for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River has grown into a big girl but she's still a goofy puppy at heart. Hope you have a wonderful holiday and a very Merry Christmas Julianne!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.