Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Sewing/DWM

I know that most of you are like me and scrambling to complete all those last minute Christmas project along with the holiday decorating and don't even mention baking. I haven't started baking yet and I'm beginning to sweat a little. I have completed some small projects. We won't be giving gifts to the adults in the family this year opting to pool our resources and donate to a favorite charity instead, but I still wanted to give them each something small that said I was thinking of them. I decided to make pillowcases for everyone in themes that tickle their funny bones.


As you can see Star Wars figures prominently since we're all SciFy Geeks and there are some mermaids and amoebas along with a few flowers.

One week from today my house will be filled to the rafters with family and I'm so excited!! All my kids will be home for Christmas this year along with their beautiful wives and my wonderful grand babies.

The house is decorated and the presents for the little ones are safely hidden until the big day. The gingerbread house kits are ready for Liam and Owen and Claire who are just about old enough for this kind of project and I know they'll enjoy baking our favorite Christmas cookie - Mexican Wedding Cakes. The big kids will enjoy eating our projects no matter what they look like. 

The San Diego branch of the family are bringing the tamales for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner straight from the border and all other meals are planned and in the freezer. When you have 15 at every meal for a week you better plan ahead!  Hope your plans are moving ahead and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at your house too.

Linking to Design Wall Monday at  Patchwork Times check it out. Maybe there will be some last minute gift inspiration.

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. I am so envious...your Christmas sounds like it will be wonderfully chaotic and full of family! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Debbie it will be wonderfully chaotic for a week and I am looking forward to it. We aren't always able to be together so when we are we try to make the most of it by staying up late and spending as much time as possible together. Hope your holiday is wonderful and as Merry as Merry can be.

      Delete
  2. sounds like a great Christmas! your pillowcases are fun. I am sure they will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Star Wars cases are for the big boys, all in their 40's, lol Hope your Christmas is Merry too!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Love your pillowcase fabrics! You sound very organized with all the cooking too! 15 for one week, whew! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, 5 of them will go home to sleep each night since they live next door - lol. I learned to cook by making meals for our boarding house when I was a kid so 15 doesn't seem like too many my challenge is cooking for 2. Merry Christmas to you too.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.