Thursday, October 3, 2013

I've Lost My Mojo!


 My blogging mojo that is. There's been so much going on since I last posted and so many people and projects calling for my attention that my mind has been frazzled to say the least. Please tell me that you get this way too. Sometimes I become so overwhelmed that I just want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep. TO top it all off I got my flu shot last week which is a good thing but due to all the things pulling on me I was a little run down and had a small reaction which involved a few days of sore throat and fever right in the middle of a house full of guest (I'll get to that later). ENOUGH WHINING!


On to the good stuff. Fall is here my very favorite time of year and I've managed to deck out the house with some of our Autumn finery. Look at those pumpkins, have you ever seen anything cuter with their jaunty stems? I love the way they add to the front porch greeting and who doesn't like chrysanthemums? They come in every color of the rainbow, it's so hard to choose just a few but bad weather is just around the corner and I don't want to have to throw them out. Maybe if I put them in the ground they'll survive maybe not, we'll see. The red stem dogwoods are changing color too and there's a snap in the morning air at last - hurray!


I changed out the indoor decor as well by hanging up my Fall quilts. All three of these were made for me by talented friends and given to me over the years. The quilt on the upper left is especially dear as my sweet friend Susan Waters passed away some years ago and I'm so glad I have this lovely remembrance of her. To the right is the alcove where I can hang larger quilts and I have a new way to display my beauties as well.


Just look at that quilt ladder! Isn't it great? I won it at the Gold Bug quilt show silent auction last month and I've been waiting to show all of you. When I put in my bid I really didn't think I had a chance so I was really surprised to hear that mine was the winning bid. All the quilts on the ladder are quilts that I've made, I think they look smashing.


As for this quilt - I don't even want to tell you how long this has been in the UFO pile! I'm hanging my head in shame. All for the want of a binding. The binding was even already made. I just don't know what's wrong with me, sometimes the littlest thing hangs me up and a project will languish forever. This has been waiting for that binding for - wait for it - Two Years! I love this quilt, I love the colors and the quilting so what's the deal? Do you ever do this? Please tell me I'm not alone.

That's it on the home decor front. I'm really not much for decking things out unless it's Christmas. Now when it comes to Christmas, JUMP BACK LORETTA!

Until next time,
 
P.S. If you have been waiting for an email reply to a recent comment I'm so sorry for my tardiness (see above).

6 comments:

  1. I love your front porch and your quilty goodness inside! I love fall, too, and the leaves are just starting to turn here. We're still with the inlaws, so I'm enjoying my mother-in-laws decorations this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all the beautiful quilts and what cute pumpkins!! Yes I lose my mojo every now and then.....I'm just getting ready to put up a post....I skipped 2 days....I've been quilting everyday but too many other things going on. Hope you are feeling better, I got my flu shot yesterday when I had my physical but feel okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your quilts and the new ladder display. Your front entry looks so nice! I plant all the Mums I've received as gifts, and they do bloom in the Fall. Not as pretty as when they are new though----We have had company for the past weekend, and now I'm rushing to get projects ready for a quilt retreat next week. Not much to blog about, and yes my "quilt rut" or hang up is backings. I hate to make quilt backings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the little push in to fall. I need to get out some fall decor. I have been hanging on to summer very tightly but I guess it is time to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the house looks lovely in its Fall outfit. I know what you mean about the mojo. we just bought a home, I got laid off, had plumbing issues, while fixing them they had to shut the whole park off of water so I am not exactly welcomed with open arms here. LOL in ten years we will laugh but for now I tucked my tail and burrowed away in the sewing room. gotta put up dark curtains so they cant see in! this too shall pass. heres to getting your mojo back and hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Patrica, I love visiting my American and Canadian friends during Autumn as you all decorate your houses so beautifully when Autumn arrives. We don't do this in England, we do grow chrysanthemums in the garden though, as they are Autumn flowers.
    I love your quilt ladder, it is beautiful and what a wonderful surprise to be the winning bidder. You have some really beautiful quilts. Mmmm should I confess about a quilt that I have not finished.... alright, I will. I have an ongoing quilt which I even blogged about, but that did not shame me into finishing it, well to be truthful, when I blogged about it, I had every intention of finishing it, but for whatever reason I haven't. It is such a lovely quilt as well.... now I know you are waiting to find out how long it has been on my "to do" list......wait for it.....about 8 years! yes I even outdo you, so you can smile as it only took you 2 years! I am hoping that I will get it finished by the end of winter..... I wonder.....will it happen... you never know.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.