Friday, October 18, 2013

A Body In Motion Stays In Motion

This has definitely been true in my case this month but I hope the motion has ceased for a while, I need a break! We have traveled the entire length of  the state of California in October and are home at last with no plans to go another mile for quite a while. For those of you who may not be familiar with our great state let me just tell you that California is BIG. It's the third largest state in the U.S. behind Alaska and Texas. I know this fact because my seven year old grandson told me and he's a demon for facts.


I'm including a map with a very rough sketch of our travels just to prove to you that we can really pack on the miles when we put our minds to it. First we went up the coast to visit our eldest grandson at his university. I was the only one who had not seen where he was living. I just couldn't rest easy until I had seen for myself that he was doing well and oh my what a treat it was to see him in his new environment. He is loving college life and so excited about all the things he's learning and doing. Grandma can now relax.

Chris and I then decided to spend a few days in the beautiful California wine country of Napa, Sonoma and Mendocino. We had a glorious time sipping and dining. The sea food at Bodega Bay was glorious. Then it was home for two days to check in with the chickens and pups before heading out for a visit with our kids in Southern California. I haven't seen my younger grand kids since the beginning of summer. Usually they spend at least part of the summer with us here in the mountains but this year work and other family obligations made that impossible and Grammy was missing the baby love.

I don't talk much about the grandchildren on this blog out of respect for their family's privacy. Just know that I have six beautiful, talented, exceptional grands that mean the world to me and I don't mind traveling all over just to lay eyes on them from time to time. Oh, and my own kids who parent them.

We're home now and I hope to get back on track with blogging, cooking, quilting and answering your comments but I think I have to call a time out on answering the comments that have come my way over the last three weeks. I just am overwhelmed. If there's an answer you feel you just have to have email me at pjdowell2@yahoo.com and I'll reply. I hope you understand.

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your trip, and it's always fun to be home safe and sound. We simply don't drive much anymore unless we need to. The traffic in Calif, especially the city freeways is ---well, a test of nerves. You just drove on by and thru our town? Sorry we couldn't meet someplace for coffee. I have had the flu/cold bug this past week, so it probably wouldn't have worked out anyway. Maybe some time in the future though. It's always wonderful to see the grandkids and hear about what they are doing. Keeps us young!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to meet you in person Angie I just know we would have so much to talk about we already have a million things in common. I know what you mean about the traffic. Living in the back of beyond we just aren't used to all that hustle and bustle any more and it can be nerve wracking can't it?

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, that is a lot of driving!! Have fun at home for a while.....before the wander lust hits you again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About every 3 months I just can't stand it and have to jump in that car and go see those kids but I try not to cram in quite so much at one time. I don't know what got into us. The calendar said it was now or never so off we went!

      Delete
  3. Oh mercy me...you certainly did cover some ground! I think that the California coastline is so beautiful. Get rested up now, for it is time to nest!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite part of the trip, apart from hugging the grands of course, was driving down the coast. The weather was absolutely perfect, we couldn't have asked for anything better. We lived for a time in San Francisco when we were young marrieds and I've never gotten the sea air out of my system I guess.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.