Monday, August 26, 2013

DWM/A Finish!


 I managed a project finish ! Amazement all around. Between all the summer outdoor projects I snuck upstairs and got snatches of sewing time in to complete my Hunter's Star table runner. I need to remember that I really can accomplish quite a lot in twenty minute increments. I tend to think that I need huge blocks of time to get things done when really small little pieces of time applied regularly achieves the goal and satisfies my need to sew. Why do I have to keep relearning this lesson?



It was hard to get a decent picture of this one, the lighting this morning just wouldn't cooperate!



I also managed to get some cutting going on for the completion of my Blogger Girl BOM. I've been putting that job off for more than a month because all those connecting blocks look a bit daunting - there are A LOT of triangles people. But, I decided that my upcoming quilt retreat in September will be the perfect time to tackle that project. It's impossible to have fun and cut accurately on retreat, just too much talking/laughing/snorting/mischief going on. So my plan is to get all the cutting and labeling done for at least two projects to take along and we'll see if I can get anything accomplished in Tahoe. It's a start. 

Sharing my Design Wall Monday on Patchwork Times.



Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. Oh My. Your table runner is stunning! You are very good with 20 minute intervals at the sewing machine. With everything else going on I don't how you aren't exhausted.

    Enjoy your retreat in Tahoe...I'm envious :)

    We'll be looking for photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to adopt the view that it's better to be exhausted than bored! Our group retreat isn't until the middle of Sept. but if I don't start getting ready now I'll be caught running around at the last minute unprepared so... Do you have a group to do sew with or do stuff with? Friends that share your interests are the best.

      Delete
  2. pretty runner, like the fall colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry those colors are my all time favorites, I love fall. When oh when will it be here??

      Delete
  3. I love it. Beautiful Fall colors!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris and thanks for stopping by. I can hardly wait for Fall!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful table runner and great pattern! Have fun getting your cutting done for the retreat. Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for hosting the linky party each week. I keep plugging away at the cutting thing retreat is only 5 days away!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.