Monday, August 12, 2013

Design Wall Monday/ Hunter Star Table Runner

Shocker!! I have been doing a very little sewing along with all the other things going on here. Between working outside and the intense canning and freezing that goes along with the ripening of summer fruits and vegetables I have managed to sneak upstairs now and then for thread therapy.


I tend to look for short projects that don't take too much energy because frankly I don't have a lot of extra energy right now. I enjoy all the summer hustle and bustle but the heat tends to sap my will and all I want to do take a nap if I'm honest.


So table runners it is! This one has been on the 'to be finished' pile for quite a while so it's perfect for summer days. I'm doing simple outline quilting to emphasize the stars. Have I mentioned how happy I am with the way the points all came together on these stars? You can read about how I pieced this with no little effort in this post. Really an easy Hunter's Star? Yes!


If work table mess were any indication then it looks like I've been very busy indeed!

Linking to Patchwork Times for more design wall inspiration. This post is super late today because Blogger would not load pictures for me until almost 5 PM. What's up with that?

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Lovely star with amazing points. How wonderful you have fresh home-grown veges to put up for the winter. ahhhh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden has not been a big winner this year but my son lives next door and his garden is amazing! If you like those star points you should check out that ruler it does all the work.

      Delete
  2. I have a lot of unfinished quilt projects too . I haven't been in my quilt room all summer. I really need to get back up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many distractions and outside jobs to do in the summer it's hard to find time to sew and I miss it. :(

      Delete
  3. visiting from sew many ways. Great that you have been sewing. Sometimes I do give in and have a nap. To try not to sound like a old Nana we call them Lima Lima Delta (LLD) which we mean as Little Lie Down. So much better sounding than a Nana nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those afternoon naps are just the best aren't they? I've always loved them even when I was a lot younger. I justify them by remembering how hard I'm working all morning and I try to keep them to 30 minutes but truly I think I could sleep for hours.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.