Monday, July 1, 2013

Design Wall Monday/BOM #6



I made it! Even though technically it's July 1st I did finish these June blocks in the month of June so that definitely counts as a timely finish. Now it's on to the connecting blocks. I'm primed to put those together as soon as I can because I can hardly wait to see all my blocks turned into a beautiful quilt. I love the way they turned out. Thanks to Monique Dillard from Open Gate Quilts for her truly excellent and FREE patterns for this Blogger Girl Block of the Month. They are well written and her rulers make the piecing a snap. There might still be time for you to click over to her blog and pick up these patterns before they go away.


Isn't it just amazing how a pattern can change so drastically just by moving the color pieces around? The exact same pattern looks completely different by switching the darks and lights.


Thanks also to Judy at Patchwork Times for hosting our weekly design wall inspiration. be sure to click over and see what other quilters have been up to this week.

Until next time,

10 comments:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful. Perfectly pieced!

    Congratulations on a great finish...can't wait to see all of your blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal this year has been to improve my piecing so thanks for noticing. I'm excited about putting this one together too.

      Delete
  2. Love the blocks! It has been so long since I was in a BOM club! I spent many hours over the last couple of days in my sewing room, quilting up some table toppers. I have the itch to stitch again!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since this was an on-line BOM I felt a lot less pressure to perform which works for me and there was nothing to buy which also worked for me. You're on a roll now with all the table topper action!

      Delete
  3. I like your bocks and choice of fabrics. Look forward to seeing them pieced together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric is Double Chocolate from Moda - I've never used an entire collection before but I had a fat quarter bundle of this gorgeous stuff so... I did throw in some other fabric I had because I just can't leave well enough alone.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Billie now for all the connecting blocks, much less satisfying but they add so much to the overall design.

      Delete
  5. Very very pretty blocks! Congrats for hitting your deadline. I find deadlines very useful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Without A deadline I tend to procrastinate myself right into complete slothtitude (made up word but you get the idea)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I love hearing what you have to say.